10 days left to go on the "Islander"

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
10 days left for me to go on the "Islander" for a 1 1/2 day fishing trip, I am getting real excited because the latest reports show that they are nailing them down out there (Albacore).  Anybody else from JHP going on this trip? It takes off from San Diego on 08/03/02.
I will post pictures when I come back, that's if I catch any fish :smile-big-blue:

One Track

Reaction score
So Cal:

You'll get fish.  Hope you have a blast.  I went out Sunday on the Galilean. We scratched 50 for 17 guys. I had five, shoulda had eight.  We could only get about 5 or 6 per stop. They wouldn't stay up.  I haven't had a wide open trip yet.  Timing is everything. You might find the bluefin out there with the extra time of a 1 1/2 dayer.

Knock 'em dead.

Freedivr2

Reaction score
You should do well. The Islander is a great boat. I've been on it many a many times. The owners (Mark Pisano and Paul Strausser) really keep it in top shape and their skippers are always top of the line. Say hi to Stoner (that's his name, he's a great deckhand) for me. Best of luck to you, Myke

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
Thank you for your good thoughts, the trip is tomorrow and I am excited :smile-big-blue: I'll post a report when I come back and hopefully some nice pictures of albacore...

One Track

Reaction score
Good luck So Cal.  Wed. looked to be WFO. Yesterday, they  had an ave. of 3 per head.  And, a lot of yellowtail.   Last weekend they were eating the dines not the chovie. However, they were not hammering it and running.  They were just chewing on it. I swung and missed three or four times.  I changed to a circle hook, so I could just reel down on them.  It worked. If they didn't have it in their mouth, I would stop and let the bait run again, and the albie would come back.  I would reel down again, and if he was there, he was caught.  Just something to keep in mind if they are not doing the "eat and run."

Brent

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
Just got back home a couple of hours ago and well...we hammered them!!! we caught more fish than the 3 day trip that came back right before we left, on our 1 1/2 day trip we had a total count of 281 fish and the prior 3 day trip had a total count of 242 fish.
Out of the 281 we had a couple of blue fins and a couple of yellow tails, the rest were all albacore.
I caught 13 albacore in the 15 to 20 lbs range most of them been around 17 lbs. and I had a blast! The crew was awesome, helpful and already to assist, specially around a couple of nice schools that we encountered which was where we caught most of the fish.
I recommend this boat, "The Islander" to anybody who wants to get out, do some fishing, relax and have some fun, the boat is very nice, the crew is outstanding, the food is awesome and the service superb, you won't be dissapointed.

One Track

Reaction score
Good job Number 1.   Glad you slayed 'em.  You will be eating real good for months.  Gotta smoke some of that tuna.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom