10 of 11 Gun bills that were approved by CA Today 5/19/16

mischief209

Reaction score
heres a recap of what passed today.

SB 1235 & AB 156 have both passed. This will require a background check when purchasing ammo & creating a huge database that will cost CA

SB 880 and AB 1135 passed 24-14, gets rid of the use of bullet buttons and reclassifies many Semi-automatic weapons as “assault weapons”.

AB 1511 Passed 22-15 this makes it illegal to lend a gun to anyone. This includes if you’re on a hunting trip and if someone uses your gun

AB 1176 Passed! This bill would make ALL gun thefts, grand theft and punishable by 16 months – 3 years in prison.

SB 1446 passed. Requires people to turn in their high capacity magazines regardless if they’ve been grandfathered to them or not.

SB 1006 authored by senator Wolk passed 24-15 this directs the university of California to fund gun control research with taxpayer money.

This web site has the breakdown of each bill, who voted yes or no.

http://crpa.org/recap-senate-vote/

mischief209

Reaction score
SB 880 (Hall) – SB 880 will serve as a reclassification of various weapons such as semiautomatic center-fire rifles or semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine to “assault weapons”, meaning that these weapons would now be illegal.

SB 1235
(De Leon) – SB 1235 will require the California Department of Justice to keep a data-base on all ammunition transactions and require purchasers of ammo to undergo screening with each ammunition purchase.

SB 894
(Jackson) – SB 894 will make it a crime if an individual gun owner does not report their gun stolen within 5 days of realizing that their weapon has gone missing. This legislation will also make it a crime to fail to report a recovered gun within 48 hours.

SB 1006
(Wolk) – SB 1006 would direct the University of California to use taxpayer funds for gun control research.

SB 1407
(De Leon) – SB 1407 would require as of, July 1, 2018, that all newly manufactured weapons must have a serial number or unique identifier or the manufacturer or assembler will face consequences. This bill would also require as of, January 1, 2019, that all gun owners who own a weapon with out a unique identifier must apply to the California Department of Justice for a identifier for weapons dating back to 1899.

SB 1446
(Hancock) – SB 1446 would make it, as of, July 1, 2017, a crime to posses any high capacity magazine regardless of when the magazine was acquired. The first offense would be a fine not exceeding 100 dollars and with subsequent offenses, the punishment would rise.

“GUTTED AND AMENDED BILLS”

AB156
(McCarty & De Leon) – AB 156’s original intent was to combat global warming but has been altered to serve as a restriction on ammunition.

AB 857
(Cooper & De Leon) – AB 857’s original intent was to reduce greenhouse gases, but has been altered to serve as a restriction on curios, relics, and home-built firearms.

AB 1135
(Levine & Ting) – AB 1135’s original intent was to form the Kings River East Groundwater Sustainability Agency but has been amended to serve as a reclassification of certain semi-automatic weapons to assault weapons.

AB 1511
(Santiago) – AB 1511’s original intent was to encourage the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission to establish a comprehensive plan to save energy throughout California. The new version of this bill would be to limit the loan of a firearm between two law abiding citizens, for example a hunting trip or home protection.

While these bills may have passed through the Senate, they have not yet become law! You can help us stop the legislation from being approved by the Assembly. The next step in the legislative process is to go before the Assembly Public Safety Committee and the Assembly Appropriations Committee.

If the bills are approved by these committees, they will then go before the entire Assembly for a vote. Help us get a head start and call your Assembly member to tell them they need to stop this legislation

Several bills that originated in the Assembly, were approved by the Senate, (“Gutted and Amended”) and will now go before Governor Jerry Brown

Last edited:

garlicsalt

Reaction score
If you are a democrat and vote democrat, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. GET A F-ING CLUE - WAKE THE F@#K UP.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
If you are a democrat and vote democrat, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. GET A F-ING CLUE - WAKE THE F@#K UP.
The educational system gets over 50% of the CA budget and their lobby keeps these libtards in office. Follow the money.

inchr48

Reaction score
I'm so hoping that you folks can fend off these ridiculous bills. Best of luck.

mezcan

Reaction score
Sure you can have my gun, come get it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mischief209

Reaction score
good question? I was wondering about family. If you can buy a gun and give it to mom and dad without having to transfer to their name, then can i loan dad one still? Does it only apply to friends? I couldnt find any more info on the bill, but seems if you cant loan to family then they would have to change that clause in the transfer paperwork.

Mr. Luckypants

Reaction score
I think it's ok to loan it to your spouse, child, grandparents but not ok to friends.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
So If you have a gun or rifle not registered In your name while you are hunting they can confiscate it?

Fredezee

Reaction score
So if both assemblies pass these bills do they become law? Or does Gov.Brown have to sign off on them to become law?

CL&RR

Reaction score
Someone needs to look into Ghost Gun DeLeon's closet to see if he's dealing guns also. These F'in Dems don't seem to care that jobs are leaving California but gotta a hard on for taking our guns. Freaking pissed and Moonbeam will sign all these into law.

Fredezee

Reaction score
Brown vetoed the semi auto rifle ban last time. The pooner better back us up this time around. My M1a scout is in the crosshairs, barely got a little over a year with it. I'M PO'd!

Hoooper

Reaction score
Well I wasnt around for prohibition (and the widespread smuggling and general disregard for the law) in the 1920s, so at least it looks like I will be around to witness the great ammo prohibition of California starting in 2018. It will certainly feel strange to "smuggle" constitutionally protected goods

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
I will store my guns outta state until the court overturns this lunacy if it's signed by Moonbeam.

mezcan

Reaction score
What guns officer? Me and my friend Bruce we collect slingshots, hunt with slingshots, and use nothing but nonlead ball bearings to take game in this state. All our slingshots are single shot, not semi automatic assault slingshots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam32

Reaction score
So If you have a gun or rifle not registered In your name while you are hunting they can confiscate it?
I didn't read anything about registering?

As of now it's not a law to have long guns registered so how do they know if someone is "loaning" a gun to a friend?

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
If people would protest THESE KINDS OF ACTIONS instead the BS that usually draws crowds things would be different. But the 2A crowd is a quiet one. I dunno how to wake em up.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom