10 of 11 Gun bills that were approved by CA Today 5/19/16

mezcan

There is no real record right now of who owns what in this commie state, best to just keep it that way for now. If these laws passed they will be relying on honest/stupid people to report possession of prohibited firearms. See New York and Connecticut with their similar statute and the absolute minimum participation by the populace. Very few supposedly prohibited weapons were registered. It would take every law-enforcement officer in the state several years to knock on every door with a search warrant to confiscate what you do not proclaim.
After LA County made standard capacity magazines illegal there was zero compliance. Nobody has turned in any magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPAH

Sorry I may be slow to really grasp the fall out from these bills, need to clarify some thing here?
now every semi-auto pistol with a removable clip is going to be classified as a assault weapon?
so a semi-auto BB gun and up with a removable clip will be classified as a assault weapon? Correct?
OK reading AB1135 the semi-auto pistol must have a detachable clip and forward hand grip to be reclassified, at least that is what I read.
What are they calling a high capacity clip? over 15 rounds?

Last edited:

Stevehazard

Sorry I may be slow to really grasp the fall out from these bills, need to clarify some thing here?
now every semi-auto pistol with a removable clip is going to be classified as a assault weapon?
No. Things like AK pistols AR pistols that have a forward grip or hand guard will be.

so a semi-auto BB gun and up with a removable clip will be classified as a assault weapon? Correct?
No. Not a firearm. If you were to make an automatic 500 round magazine feed air rifle or rail gun that fired .30 cal rounds at lethal velocities I think it would be legal because they are not "firearms". You could also offer such items for sale without BG checks. Not saying somebody wouldn't write up legislation the next day upon seeing such an item either though.

OK reading AB1135 the semi-auto pistol must have a detachable clip and forward hand grip to be reclassified, at least that is what I read.
What are they calling a high capacity clip? over 15 rounds?
High cap magazines are considered 11+ in this state.

OPAH

Now couldn't they say Compression is the same as Combustion and Hit the CO2, air rifles and Guns?

1 SECTION 1. Section 16520 of the Penal Code is amended to line 2 read:
line 3 16520. (a) As used in this part, "firearm" means a device, line 4 designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel, a projectile by the force of an explosion or other form of combustion.

Last edited:

Stevehazard

Now couldn't they say Compression is the same as Combustion and Hit the CO2, air rifles and Guns?

1 SECTION 1. Section 16520 of the Penal Code is amended to line 2 read:
line 3 16520. (a) As used in this part, "firearm" means a device, line 4 designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel, a projectile by the force of an explosion or other form of combustion.
No. They would have to introduce new legislation that would redefine combustion. I mean I guess they could try but it would be stupid and I think they would lose their arse on that one as air pressure is not combustion. Pototo gun using hairspray as a propellant could be considered a firearm.

Top Bottom