10 ugly things about the immigration debate

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
Some of this is painfully familiar, recalling earlier versions of this debate as it played out a hundred or two hundred years ago. Hispanics are the new Germans, the new Irish, the new Italians. But it's also ugly. It was then. It is now.

• The hypocrisy. We have two signs on the U.S.-Mexican border: "Keep Out" and "Help Wanted."

• The racism. With lightning speed, the debate went from anti-illegal immigrant to anti-immigrant to anti-Mexican.

• The opportunism. Too many politicians are trying too hard to portray themselves as tough on illegal immigration.

• The simple solutions. "Build A Wall." "Deport All Illegals." A quick rule of thumb: If it fits on a bumper sticker, it's not a workable policy.

• The naiveté. People ask why Mexico won't help stop illegal immigration. Hint: Last year, Mexicans in the United States sent home $25 billion.

• The profiling. Dark skin and Spanish surnames shouldn't be proxies for undocumented status. Been to Arizona lately?

• The meanness. Nazi-produced Internet video games let players shoot illegal immigrants crossing the border. Fun stuff.

• The amnesia. Americans think grandpa was welcomed with open arms and that he plunged into the melting pot. Whatever.

• The buck-passing. Americans love to blame Mexico for their choices, yelling across the border: "Stop us before we hire again."

• The double standard. The same folks who have zero tolerance for illegal immigrants easily tolerate those who hire them.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/navarrette/index.html

easymoney

Reaction score
The law is quite clear on ILLEGAL trespassers and if the US laws were enforced there would be no problem, period.
There see, wasn't that easy and no rascism was used...

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
there is no point. just showing different views on the immigration issue. what is yours?

Coues

Reaction score
It is not immigration, it is unlawful trespassing. Immigration is when you go through the proper channels to move from one country to another.

Immigration is another PC term used by the mouth breathers to make it sound more appealling.

Some other examples,

Gay
Alternate lifestyle
Pro-choice
Undocumented Alien
Insurgent

D3Lifer

Reaction score
Huntinganywhere,
I don't think it's racist to single out Mexicans in this debate. After all, it IS a Mexican invasion that we are dealing with. They are bleeding us dry, and the people who hire them are just as guilty. When you have the President of Mexico claiming that "anywhere that there is a Mexican, is Mexico...", then we have intent of a foreign nation to subvert our soveireignty. The ultimate solution may not be so pretty......shoot to kill all invaders. It's not PC, but it will work.

upperEA

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The ultimate solution may not be so pretty......shoot to kill all invaders. It's not PC, but it will work.[/b]
I don't think you would have to do that. Just take care of our own that allow this to happen and encourage it soon the problem would take care of itself...

swampy tim

Reaction score
Hunting Anywhere, nice post, do you have any of your OWN obsevations and oppinions? Repeating talking points from the pro-illegal alian camp hardly counts as starting a discusion. S/T

Sodhunter

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HuntingAnywhere @ Apr 28 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there is no point. just showing different views on the immigration issue. what is yours?[/b]
I have a point. They are here illegally as opposed to my great grandparents. We now not only allow it we promote illegal aliens. That's what it's called when you offer benefits for breaking our laws. I do not blame the illegals. If I were a Mexican I would be here in a heartbeat. I blame the jackasses making the rules. I also WANT THEM OUT! I do not hate them or wish them harm but I WANT THEM OUT!!!!!! You can print all the different "views" you want. I printed FACTS. Care to disagree?

Val

Reaction score
If they didn't prosper when they got here, they wouldn't come.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Well Swampy.
I guess the Canadians are doin the same to your neck of the woods as others are doin here.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I think you have to experience it. Chuck

You folks back East read about it. But you have no clue as to how it really is out here.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
...But I do realize what illegal means..

The road is posted at 55..I do 75..I'm busted..

Deer season is Nov 16 till Dec 10..I harvest a big fat buck on Jan 10...I'm busted.

The guy down the road is a miserable &*^$#@&...blow him away...I'm busted.

I have heard that many Central Americans trying to enter Mexico from the south..are busted.

..In each case, you CHOOSE to break the law....you're staring into the face of great disappointment !
That would seem a righteous and logical deduction..even in the case of myself doing 75 in a 55 !

Tmoniz;
So how is it "out there" ..that intentionally committing a felony is acceptable ? I cannot think of any major felony laws here in the east,
that you may have trouble comprehending in the west. Why should the left coast be a special case ?..other than the great numbers of
persons willing to break the law...
Of course, you must understand, the west....is not the only place this law is routinely broken..it is happening in a smaller scale everywhere.
...And I live in about 45 miles proximity to the Canadian border..perhaps not so many Canadians sneaking across..but then Canadian police are not noted for corrupt practices. One concern is about just who it is may be sneaking across to commit terrorist acts. That goes
for ALL our borders.

Hunting Anywhere;
I must quibble with your statement to Tmoniz that you were presenting "different views" on the illegal immigration issue .
That seems hardly the case, since clearly, you were only presentying ONE view..the left leaning one !

Rodney Hood

Reaction score
Chuckslayer doesn't get it...the hell you say...he nailed it!

The law is the law no matter what coast you reside from.

The problem is simple...some PICK and CHOOSE which laws apply to them
and which ones THEY will abide by!

masonjarlid

Reaction score
Since I am a LEO do I get to pick and choose the laws I enforce? Nope, I am SWORN to ENFORCE and UPHOLD ALL of them. I do my job when it comes to illegals, what the feds choose to do with them is out of my hands.

Top Bottom