101 Airborne Info

Buck-eye

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago you guys were nice enough to help my buddy with some info on what he should pick out for his very first bow. He was looking at the S2 or the Guardian. Then the 101 came out, and now he is considering that as well. I believe that I heard from some of you that the 101 has a tendency to be sorda bulky. Anyone out there that can give some info on this model? Im going to pass it on to him today.

forkehornreggie

Reaction score
Buckeye, I have a brand new one with a Rip-cord rest and a Montana Black Gold 7 pin. I bought this right before our local archery store went out of business. The draw length is too long for me and I would sell it to your buddy if he is interested for a few hundy less than the value. I love it though and wish I was able to use it. I also have a Guardian and an Allegiance and I think I like the 101 the best. If he wants I could ship to him and let him shoot it for a few days to see if he likes it.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Well, if Buck-eye's buddy isn't interested, let me know....I sure like the 101. I seem to gravitate to the longer Axle-to-axle models in spite of the bulk.

forkehornreggie

Reaction score
Buck-eye, I got your message but didn't know how to reply in that format. Anyways, no problem bro.

wmidbrook, Make me an offer. It also has a stabilizer. But you do understand that , I think, 27.5 is the shortest that you can have the draw length.

One Track

Reaction score
If I recall, Wmid is about 6'6", with arms like a gorilla.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Joey, the 101 will be a bit faster than the S2 but has a bit harsher draw cycle. The S2 is super smooth. Can he get to a shop to shoot both?

Buck-eye

Reaction score
He did just that Nate. Said the 101 felt too bulky for him. He liked the smoother feel and went with the Mathews. They cranked him up with all the fixins. Only thing, they outfitted him with the whisker biscuit. Told him to shoot that for the first couple of seasons. I didnt understand that. Plus they put him in Easton arrows, some sort of carbon/steel mix. Heck, I dont know- this is coming second hand. I would have gone withthe Ripcord or another drop away. May as well get it dialed in the way it is going to be for the next 5 years or so.

Raully

Reaction score
I don't know about bulky. I'm a shorty and was nervous when I bought the 101st. I got used to it fast. I had to sell it since I couldnt make the draw length work (to long). I loved that bow. Smooth draw, fast and super accurate with the best let-off I have ever felt on any bow I have ever shot. I bought the 82nd and chased pigs all weekend in thick brush and steep hills. I had no problem. It just feels long when you hold a short ATA bow and then pick one up. I guarantee it will feel more stable than a shorter bow.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
He must have taste like me Joe. I have nothing against Bowtech at all, they make great bows, I just like that smooth as butta draw of a Mathews.

Raully

Reaction score
Definitly a different draw on a Binary bow compared a single cam bow. It took some time to get used to my Bowtechs after coming from a silky smooth and quiet Kodiak. Thats one thing Mathews has and thats a smooth drawing bow. Although my tribute with smooth mods feels damn good.

One Track

Reaction score
Joe: If he wants a high quality, fast, accurate, smooth bow, BowTech is the only answer. These comments about Matthews are just marketing spawn. My Tribute is smoother than all the Matthews put together, or my first name isn't Matthew.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Cant argue with that logic there OT. You really are splitin hairs when it comes to each line. If you look up last year's Outdoor Life or Field and Stream bow rankings, they had the Guardian and the Switchback in a dead heat. In the end, it must be mental. If you eat two awesome filets, its probably hard to say which one you like the best. Most of us are just happy to have filet.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If I recall, Wmid is about 6'6", with arms like a gorilla.[/b]

Fairly close description....what's the draw length?

I'm purty sure I was shooting one that was setup @ 30".

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
It can be lengthened to 30" no problem, but can't be shortened more than 27.5, for us mere mortals.

I think my next bow will be an APA just to throw a wrench in the marketing.

And Bucky I shoot some of dem dere carbon/alum mix arrers, but mine are alum on the inside where it should be.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
So, a gurilla like me should look a bit closer to the specs....yeah, 27.5-31.5. Well, Forkhornreggie, you can shoot me an email if you want and don't have any takers ahead of me.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
All I got to say is it's a great bow and I've been enjoying the heck out of it! Thanks a million!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom