1020 CASE

whiteshark

Reaction score
I'm building my first cam and I choseto use a Sony p32,universal board with the phone cable...I bought the entire kit from pixcontroller...they were out of the 1040 case and told me that the 1020 case would fit...I finally got the case today and it looks WAY too small
to fit all the components in there. I can't even get the camera and control board in the case...What do I do....Does anyone have a case they want to trade or should I just send it back and wait for a 1040 case. This is my first attempt at building a homebrew, you guys sucked me into it. Also, once I attach the phone cable to the board do I attach the wires to the flex cable. I'm no exactly sure what goes where and whatnot....Any help on the case would be great...

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Absolutely the Universal, P32, and 9V battery holder will not fit in a 1020. You must use the LE for it to fit. I would contact them back to get the 1040 case or exchange up the Universal board for the LE board and keep the 1020. Here is a picture of a 1020, P32, LE, 9v camera setup.

Attachments

AGINGBEAR

Reaction score
You do nice work PaPaBob. Really nice looking camera there.

Eastky Bowhunter

Reaction score
As Bob said you will have to swap out one or the other. I have built the p32 w/LE in both the 1040 and 1020 both are great. To me the uni is a better board because it has more delay settings than the LE.

whiteshark

Reaction score
Hey guys...thanks for the quick responses....I'm gonna shoot them an email to swap out cases or just buy a 1040 and hold on to the 1020 for future use...This is my first as I mentioned before and would like more room to have an easy go at it...Quick question for you homebrew gods...when I connect the phone cable to the board do I solder the other ends to the flex cable??? Is that how it works??? then connect the power supply to the board??? Thanks again for everyone's help...can't wait to get one built

Flight of the Arrow

Reaction score
Whiteshark
If you go to the pixcontroller website it will show you what you need to
know. Sorry I cant help, I have only used the le board with all of my rigs,
and I used a 1060 case. Lots of room in a 1060, but I would guess thats how
it will work, phone cable to the flex cable. Good luck and post some pics. of the
finished rig when its done!
Flight

Top Bottom