16 years old need help on how to make scouting camera!!

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
I would like to find out how to make a scouting camera and what parts i will need.  I was going to buy a camera but i found out you can save money by just making it.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks.

Dumbfounded in Indiana

GWHunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the board dekalbbasketball!

You've came to the right place. Read everything here and most of you're initial questions will be answered.

Me I had to read them more than once before I became confident enough to start one. I'm mechanically inclined but never had any experience in electronics and I did it so I'm sure you'll be able to also.

Good luck and happy tinkering!:smile-blue

gizz

Reaction score
Hi dekalBBB - Check the FAQ's and other blue colored topics at the top of this Forum and you'll be well on your way. If your a novice you might want to consider keeping your first one "Basic".

Fubar

Reaction score
dekal  Welcome to Jesses Forum.         Fubar

Stever

Reaction score
I have 0 experience in electronics.
I have now built two cameras with the help of this site. Both work great!
My advise grab an old printer cable for wire. Thin wire solders very easy. I use a butane solder pencil and hitech electronic rosin core solder.
Read details and go slow.

TmKarren

Reaction score
I have 0 electronics know how too. I'v just finished mine two days ago.  It cost me about $75 for everything expt. the battery.  I used a Makita 9.6 battery.  In the test stage the thing worked great.  The hardest part is trying to find a cheap camera.  I just put it out in the woods last night can't wait to see the pics.  I like to use very small speaker wire.  I think the multistrand wire is easyer, and more flexable than a single core wire.

Fubar

Reaction score
TmKarren  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Good to have you with us.             Fubar

Latest Posts

Top Bottom