• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

1911 slide stuck after field striping

jbcaptain11

i have my dads para p14 45 1911 and he has barely used it. i took it out to the range functioned great then came back to clean it. came apart like the youtube video said (first time on a 1911) after cleaning the slide didn't slide in correctly and saw a tab sticking up so i pushed it in and it slid on. (not sure what the tab was id say it was around the back right of the action) then put the pin in it didn't go in easily on the notch and i tapped it in with the back of a screw driver (i know lots of no no's) when i let it slide back forward it stopped 2mm from all the way to normal position. can't move the slide more than a mm. hammer is still back trigger can't fire until its all the way forward. hope i didn't just turn a nice pistol to a paper weight any help would be great! please don't critique me .View attachment 81482View attachment 81483View attachment 81484

jbcaptain11

was able to fix it by real easing the spring off the front and jiggling it, will keep up the thread for future reference for others

solus

I was about to suggest taking it back apart and checking everything. Ive never had that issue with my 1911 or any other gun and I have a cheap citadel but it works great none the less

jbcaptain11

I was about to suggest taking it back apart and checking everything. Ive never had that issue with my 1911 or any other gun and I have a cheap citadel but it works great none the less
i couldn't get it apart because the slide wouldn't g back to the point where u can take out the pin. i got scared for a while there though haha

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
I think you missed the link when you put the slide stop in. If you get in front of the link, the barrel won't go into full forward battery position. Glad it's OK. And I'm with Bubblehide; I buy paperweights. :thumbs up2:

Top Bottom