• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

1st Annual Fall JHO Game Camera Pic Contest Rules

spectr17

Administrator
1st Annual Fall JHO Game Camera Pic Contest Rules and Prizes

Contest Rules:

Please post only one pic per category. You can post the same pic in several diffferent categories. No editing or changing pic allowed after 4 hours from original post.

Please just post pics, we'll hold off for comments until after the contest.

Pic must be yours, your families or friend's. No ripping pics that you don't own or have copyright to.

Pics must be from home made or commercial game cams. No pics taking by regular cameras that are not part of a game cam.
You can retouch or edit your pics with photo editing software if you want to.

Please add location, date, time of pic and camera model and setup if you want to.

If you need help on how to post your pics here or how to resize your pics go here

Pics must be under 640 pixels wide so people don't have to scroll back and forth.

You can test posting your pics here. Please do not test posting pics here in the contest forum.

Contest will end November, 30th 2003. Voting for best pics will take place and prizes awarded then.

For categories we have:

Best whitetail deer
Best muley or blacktail deer
Best varmint/predator (fox, yote, cougar, mink, fisher, wolverine)
Best bear
Best Big Game (other than bear & deer) elk, moose, hog, antelope etc.
Funniest pic
Strangest pic
Best Close up
Best bird
Best fish or underwater pic
Best designed cam or most innovative game cam setup
Best IR pic
Best pic sequence (3 pics or less)
Best before and after pics
Best name for the 1st pic contest

For prizes we have:

1) Copy of ExpertGPS mapping software from http://www.expertgps.com
2) Hand drawn decal from LVE Hunting Decals, LLC.
3) Battery charger and 4 NiMH rechargable batterys from Digipower by g-hog
4) "Board of your choice" from PixController (Haymaker)
5) Waterproof clear Lexan case from JPinTX
6) Copy of Visual Media Explorer from PixController (Haymaker)
7) Homebrew Feeder Timer from Deerguide & hunt4it44
8) Brunton HalfNote FM Radio from g-hog
9) Smart card reader and a 32 MB smart card from davidred1
10) $25.00 gift certificate to Bass Pro from upperEA
11) 2 pack of Polaroid 2400ff cameras from GPo
12) Drury Outdoors "Whitetail Madness 6" video from Patrick.
13) Arrow wraps from Iowawhitetail.com
14) 5 vinyl graphics of state of choice with whitetail head from JOtto Graphics
15) Double & triple reed turkey call compliments of Action Archery.com

Good luck to all who enter.

Otto

Jesse,
How about a best IR pic section. I'll also donate 5 vinyl graphics of state of choice with whitetail head from Jotto Graphics.

spectr17

Administrator
Whacked about 8 or 10 more pics from the contest for being too big. If your pic is gone it probably was over the 640 pixel width limit.

Please resize your pic and re-enter it into the contest. Info on how to resize your pics is here

We also have some people who missed the part about this being a game camera photo contest. Please DO NOT post pics here in the contest if they are not from a game camera.

fpscabs

Jesse
sorry about the stupidititititity

Didn't see it was for GAME CAM pics.

Maybe a regular photo contest could be kewl.

spectr17

Administrator
One more time for those who can't seem to figure this out.

Whacked about 8 or 10 more pics from the contest for being too big. If your pic is gone it probably was over the 640 pixel width limit.

Please resize your pic and re-enter it into the contest. Info on how to resize your pics is here

GPo

Hey Jesse,
I have a question regarding the " Best sequence " category.
I have some pics of the gradual antler growth of a buck from
early July to late August. Can I post 3 of those, or does it have to be
a sequence of pics from the same cam within a few minutes of each other ?

GPo

GPo

Donations, donation.
C'mon guys.
I think everyone who has benifited from the site in merchandising, and, or simply with the information here should scrape up something for a prize donation.
Maybe a pelican, or seahorse case. An Owl, flash, anything.
We could award up to 3rd place in each category if the prizes were there.

GPo

GPo

Hi Jesse,
Maybe other members have asked this already ?
Any thought to holding off on closing the "before and after" category 'til late November. I know our Whitetail season closes here on Nov 30th and probably other areas do too. I also see there are very few entrants. I have been waiting for chance at a certain buck and our season opens here on Nov 1st.

Thanks

GPo

spectr17

Administrator
We can move the end date for all catagories if everyone wants. I really don't want to move just one catagory to a later date.

Nov 30th 2003 deadline for all pics to be in then???

Top Bottom