1st cam and pic

wapiti

Reaction score
I really enjoy the site!  My brother and I built two cams and just got the first roll developed.  I appreciate the savings and it adds a lot to the experience doing it yourself.  

Now I need to figure out how to post a picture?

gizz

Reaction score
wapiti - you need to post them to a hosting site of some type. I use photopoint but it is a pay site now. It cost me $9.95 a year but I guess the price is now $19.95/yr. There is also a site that was started by Mule(i think) that will allow you to setup your own album. It is a very nice album and lots of pics there.
Here is the link:
http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamPics
Might want to give it a try then let us all know so we  can check out your pics!

gizz

Reaction score
Looks good wapiti.
BTW, I notice your new here - welcome to Jesse's site!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi wapiti - I like your Cam enclosure, and noticed the Radio Shack PIR.  I'm having good luck with my Radio Shack 49-425, so I'm sure that you'll like it. I'm in the space above yours with 38 recent photos. At the top of the first pics of each Roll I have the PIR Hole size & distances. Learn from my mistakes, and you will save film.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats on the new game camera and pics wapiti and welcome to the forum too. That coon is going to need some of Tinhorn's sunglasses. I love the pics where the animal has that "Huh" look on their face and then poof.

wapiti

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Richard!  So what you're saying is the sensor is too sensitive and will trigger the camera before an animal is in view?  Will tape solve this problem?

Richard Webb

Reaction score
wapiti - My photos are taken at 90 degrees on a well used deer trail, and the these small (70 lbs) blacktail deer aren't much of a target.  Guess it depends on the setup?  Both the Owl PF & Radio Shack 49-425 should be perfectly alligned at 60 degrees? But, will have to wait until you get some input from someone who uses the whole PIR mounted like yours.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom