1st Deer Dog Drive of the Season - Close Up with Deer!

eboutdoors

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's been a few weeks since we posted. Things have been busy! But we're back... every year after Thanksgiving we head up to North Florida to run dogs. First drive of the year and it didn't dissapoint. The dogs run the deer right to me!

Happy holidays everyone!

Here's a video of the hunt...

imperial valley hunter

Reaction score
Dang, must be nice to get deer using dogs. Is it legal to use truck as a stand, other states have all the fun compared to Cali.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yep florida isn't all anal like cali is with there hunting laws and regulations.
FLORIDA IS A SPORTSMANS PARADISE, 4 MORE YEARS AND I WON'T HAVE TO BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSE ANYMORE , FREE AFTER 65 YRS OLD HERE! YEH BABY! I GUESS THERE R SOME BENEFITS TO BEING AN OLD FART WHILE GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY........LOL.....tra

Thnx Eric and Shelby for the cool hunting vid! I am going to send u a pm..

P s. I used caps for highlighting not yelling....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cjack

Reaction score
Free hunting sounds great but it doesn't matter if you don't get out there. I'm still waiting for a terrific post about your Florida hog hunting TRA! I do enjoy your fishing posts though and completely understand why you haven't been able to put the time into hunting. Best of luck and God Bless!

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I hear ya cjack my freind, after years in cali making great freinds though hunting and hunting property connections being a jho member it's like starting over agian since I moved here in Fl. In 2014. having to make connections and find great hunting partners and private land to hunt. Florida has tons of WMA land to hunt I have gotten some brochures to look into. The big difference now is my wife's ms has her in a position now where I have to take care of her fully compared to a few years ago when she was better I could getaway for a day or 4 day hunt. Now, eating, showers, bathing and medications , it's pretty much a full time job daily tending to her needs which is no problem I luv her so much, and it's ment for me to make personal sacrifices like hunting. So the little time I get for myself now I have the convenience of fishing right where I live so I am always close to my wife, so I can get outdoors for a little me time.

Yes I definitely miss hunting 1000%.
I really miss posting my hunting adventure stories on jho like I use to in cali.

Yes I miss bowhunting Lake Sonoma for wild pigs, which should be in progress soon, usually around this time of year.

Yes I miss hunting with all my jho member friends, I have done many hunts with in either groups or individual members, I have personally hunted with over 50 jho members and it was always great, except one member if anyone remembers my ls nightmare hunting story from a few years back....lol

Yes my unsuccessful hunting adventure stories in cali where always more exciting then some of the successful post u read now.

Yes my passion for bow hunting has been on hold for the past few years but it's my desire to get back at it somehow some way.

So be patient my freind and freinds, still believe me and someday u will see a post with me and a dead wild hog, and we all can celebrate, until then it's big bass for now.

Have a great day!......tra

Hunting memories....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cjack

Reaction score
At least you have an abundance of bass fishing in the area and it appears that you have made a smooth transition into a pastime that keeps you in the outdoors. Love for family always comes first, take care of business and get out when you can.

Top Bottom