1st for me.

Gomer76825

Reaction score
Last weekend we were hanging out and bar-b-que at the grandparents. There hous is about 50 yrds off a fairly busy highway. The car going by were making kinda of a whisteling sound and it was bouncing off the barns. Apparently this sound was close enough to the whistle of an Axis cause we could hear 5 or 6 of them answering back for the pasture behind the house. Damn shame I had twenty people to cook for or I might be posting another Brady Texas Axis picture. Just thought I'd share.

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Dang the bad luck ... wished I could have been there for the bbq. At least there was some good eats there to take your mind off hunting.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Sounds like a tough choice... go whack a big axis, or cook dinner for friends and family.

Hmm... what would I do?

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Gotta agree with that Phillip! Shoot first then ask you if you want anything later.

Gomer76825

Reaction score
Another first, My lil Brother called me the other day and swore he had just seen a pronghorn on our place, and before ya'll asked "lil" Gomer was sober. Did get a chance to run out to the place today, and saw a group of 25 or so axis, We got some biguns running around. If I ever get some time off of work and all these weddings maybe I can post up another monster.

Indianghost

Reaction score
Sounds like someones getting ansy hey Hunting season is just a month and a half away. Shoot some birds in Septemner then it's a hop to deer season any way.
Just reporting we got on a 20,000 acre year round lease in close to Carta Valley been out there working and figuring out where to put deer blinds, drove around the ranch for four hours. Only got to see half of the ranch, then it's been so miserable hot sweaty and dusty Finally settled on our deer spots we have over 1000 acres a piece to hunt on did see some mountain goats high up on a ridge of a hill, big bearded white fellow with four ladies beside him, lots of hogs and a few Axis, and lots of white tail. so am I excieted yea! we will hunt from September to April, mainly two, maybe three time a month the only problem is the long three hour drive to get to the place oh and it has a great hunters lodge with ala kinda of like Borbder Bandits place.

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Hey Manny ... where abouts near Carta Valley. One of my buddies has a ranch that I outfit and hunt on 2 miles south of 377 on FM 2523

Indianghost

Reaction score
We are hunting on the Harding Ranch its on 2523 about 10 miles from 377
The Harding Ranch Is 20,000 plus acres but there are three outfits there our group has aprox, 7000 of the twenty and the other groups have the other parts there are twelve hunters on our group. The hogs are thick out there they come a raid the camp at night.

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
The Harding Ranch Is 20,000 plus acres but there are three outfits there our group has aprox, 7000 of the twenty and the other groups have the other parts there are twelve hunters on our group. The hogs are thick out there they come a raid the camp at night.
Manny,

Where is the invite amigo!!! Love to hunt some pig Texas style..

Eric.

Indianghost

Reaction score
Como esta cayo! mabuti nabum amigo!! well let me see if I can set something up when is the best time for you my lease is year round and we want to get as many pigs out of there as we can maybe Feb next year!

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Como esta cayo! mabuti nabum amigo!! well let me see if I can set something up when is the best time for you my lease is year round and we want to get as many pigs out of there as we can maybe Feb next year!
Salamat amigo!! i will mark the calendar for next year road trip.:smiley-mouse::smiley-mouse:

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
What's that about an invite?
Nothing much Phil, just trying to help our friend get rid some of the pesky critter on there 7000 acre lease :lol bashing sign:

Big guy sorry for hijacking.:wavin hello:

Borderbandit

Reaction score
Pass by there on the way up to Rancho Cueva. Give me a shout sometime on your way out and I'll see if I'm going to be in the area. Maybe we'll have some cold adult beverages and catch up on some b.s.

Indianghost

Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Shawn. I passed by the Rancho Cueva Last Saturday saw it from the road nice place, I was out there looking for property to buy will get a piece between now and Feb next year. Then we can have a JHO
camp to hang out at and have a couple of cool ones, from time to time.

Borderbandit

Reaction score
I'll let you know when I'm heading back that way and if your out there I'll give you a tour.

Top Bottom