1st Home Brew Game Camera Pic Contest

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Time to get your votes in for the 1st pic contest.

DONATED PRIZES FOR 1ST HOMEBREW GAME CAMERA PIC CONTEST

Wingbone yelper turkey call - spectr17
"Big Game Hunter" computer game - JohnnyP
Wingbone yelper and homemade "Magic" tube turkey calls - Welby
Copy of "Bucks Unlimited" video - Yotee
Box full of Knight and Hale grunt tubes - Jonathan Bain, Alloutdoors Alabama/Georgia State Forum Moderator.
Custom turkey call - Ron Shealer
"Deer Hunter 2: Monster Buck Pack" and "Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition" video games - Mike Richey
1 years subscription to "BIG BUCK" magazine (its only 4 issues but is an awesome mag) -Gizz

Please vote for the best pics in these catagories:

Best buck
Best doe
Best varmint. coon, coyote, possum, fox etc.
Best bird
Best bear
Best game camera design
Funniest pic
Best camera view or angle
Best pic overall

Please email Todd with your pic contest choices, Todd's email is plank@epix.net  or you can post them here and we'll add them to the count

There are 8 pages of animal pics here http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cam-pics.html

There are 6 pages of home made game cameras to vote on  for best design here, http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-pics.html

The cutoff for the 1st pic contest voting will be 3/25/01 so we can get the prizes out in time for turkey season.

Welby

Reaction score
Spectr17, I was thinking - how are we gonna decide who gets what prize?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
How is it that there's been close to 50 reads to this topic at this point but only 11 ballots received???

There's alot of ties to be settled.  No run away winners in a number of the topics.  Get out there and vote on these pictures.  

Send your votes to me  plank@epix.net

Thanks,
Todd P.

Maybe just draw names out of a hat to determine the order to select a prize.

robNhood

Reaction score
The hat idea sounds fine to me. I think once the bucks start growing their headgear again, we are going to get a bunch of pics flowing in again. This is kind of a slow time of year I beleive.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
votes.. we need votes.  Only about a dozen emails on the contest have been received.  There's some close races out there and a couple ties.  I don't want to go through the Supreme Court to decide this.  Get you votes in today!!!  Pleaseeeeee!!!!

Todd

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The hat idea sounds good to me. I guess take all the winners in a hat Todd and pull out the first name for the first prize listed.

Ties I guess are a coin toss by Todd.

Contest ends 3/1/01 so get your votes in please. Only pics that have numbers on them are eligible. Pics that don't have any numbers will be next contest.

wvhunter

Reaction score
I voted for all the categories but best cam design.  I didn't see a number on the pics of the cams.  So how do we vote for the best cam?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I meant 3/31/01. What was this post about anyways?

wvhunter, just use the name of the person who made the cam.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I've got the vote totals on a spreadsheet at work.  I've got to spend time doing something there!!.  I'll post the winners Monday morning then the west coast guys will have something to wake up to.  

I did add a category.... and the winner for the longest video of a tree growing (1.5 hours) is..........

Till Monday,
Todd

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Ok people,  thanks for taking part in the Homebrew Camera Contests.  The results were close but we ended up with clear-cut winners.  No ties to deal with.  Congrats to everyone who has successfully built a homebrew camera and an extra congrats to those that were selected as winners.  

There were nine categories and eight prizes listed so I split up the "Deer Hunter 2: Monster Buck Pack" and "Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition" video games from Mike Richey.  

Please make sure to thank all the sponsors for providing prizes.  They are greatly appreciated.

And now... the results you've been waiting for......

Best Buck (pic 68)  Prize: Custom turkey call provided by Ron Shealer

Funniest Pic  & Best Camera Angle or View (67) Prize: Wingbone yelper turkey call provided by spectr17 & "Big Game Hunter" computer game provided by JohnnyP

Best Pic Overall (7) Prize: "Deer Hunter 2: Monster Buck Pack" video games provided by Mike Richey

(Edited by ToddP at 6:36 am on April 2, 2001)

wvhunter

Reaction score
Congrats to all the winners!!

Hopefully, since I have got my cam built now and in the woods I will have some picts worth sharing and be ready for round 2 :)

Again congrats to the winners, it was tough to choose 'cause there were some great pictures!

Welby

Reaction score
Congrats Winners!!

Now, how do we get the prizes to the winners?  Do they email us with their address?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Congrats to the winners and BIG thanx to the prize guys.......

also, thanks Todd for keeping track and thanx to Jesse for this site and all the work he's done......

Tinhorn

robNhood

Reaction score
Congrats to all! Thanks for the donations and the hard work keeping track of the results.

Welby

Reaction score
I also definitely wanted to say a BIG thank you to ToddP for counting the ballots (no recounts here, FL!) and Jesse (and his alter ego, spectr17) for putting all his time and effort into this contest.  

Jesse, this was a really great thing you did to bring all us guys (are there any gals out there?) together.  I appreciate it very much.  I think we all do.

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Kudo's to all involved, I really appreciate the time and effort everyone has put into these forums.
Hopefully I can get some pics worth sharing before long.
Thanks again,
Ken

Top Bottom