1st pics from first camera

TruShot

Reaction score
Here are some pics from my first cam using the polaroid 2400ff I had one dear use 6 of my pictures. I am using fuji 400 speed film. and all of the pictures were taken the second day after I set the camera.
And I had a problem with the camera rewinding has anyone else had this problem. But I'm thrilled to get some pics finally.

http://community.webshots.com/user/niemeier6

(Edited by TruShot at 6:13 pm on Feb. 16, 2002)

markr

Reaction score
Nice pics! what's with the blur in the left side of the  pics?  

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
The blur looks like some flash bleed.  I always carry a pair of new energizer AAs because the first roll I tried to rewind it locked up because the batteries were too weak.  I took it to Walmart and had them remove the film.  If you put new batteries in after you have pushed the rewind button it won't restart the rewind process, so that's why I just put two fresh batteries in it every time.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I am glad you told us that little tip about the batteries.  I did not know that and went to rewind a roll from a camera that was out about three weeks.  It totally locked up the camera after about a second of trying to rewind.  I just tore out the film and started over again.  

Bownut

Reaction score
Nice pics. I built a cam using the 2400 for my brother in law and he has much better pics when he uses 800 iso film.  Also, you may want to try putting some weather stripping around the shutter to stop the flash from bleeding into the shutter.  Hope this helps.

TruShot

Reaction score
Thanks everybody.  I've got some weatherstripping around the flash and lens but it must not have been seated against the glass tight. I did take new batteries with me to replace the old ones but I didn't change them till after it stopped rewinding, by then I think it was to late.  Next time I'll replace them before I rewind. The pictures are alot more detailed than the scans show, These being my first pics I havent quite figured out the optimum resolution and settings on may scanner.

Anyway I'm just thrilled that I got something and the cammera worked. Thanks to everyone for all the great Ideas and posts on this site. I couldn't have done it without you. Now on to my next camera...

TruShot

Reaction score
I just used glass for this one. Trying to convince the wife how cheap you can build one of these for. I don't think it's working though. I will probably use a UV on the next one.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
regarding cam freeze up when rewinding:

I guess there is no way to rewind a roll of film not fully exposed rite?

Wonder if you could hold your hand over the Lens and snap the camera until the end of the roll is reached and rewind it then (this'd beep lite out of the camera and shouldn't double expose the film I think.

Tinhorn

Top Bottom