1st turkey

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
After 4 years of trying to tag a tom with my bow I did it!! Had to resort to using a blind, but going back after #2 without the blind.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Good job.I know thats very hard to do I have havested two with my bow but not any yet this year with it.Just one with my shotgun.Congrads.

RSB

Reaction score
Congrad,Way to go that is the hard way to do it, very rewarding I would think. I have not try that,maybe one day.

jayber

Reaction score
Congrats, great lookin' bird!!!  I've never hunted turkey, let alone with a bow, but after reading some of the great stories in this forum I might just have to try it!  Would luv to hear the story behind tagging him.

MBullism

Reaction score
Ditto- congrats....

Thats something I've been trying to do for a couple of years now, but it just hasn't come together.

My hat is off to you!

m

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Big high five KsBowhunter. Taking a turkey with a bow is one fine deed. What kind of blind did you use? I need to get one I guess since I've been busted too many times drawing my bow back and with a recurve I can't hold the draw very long.

gizz

Reaction score
Great Job Ksbowhunter!
I have a hard enough time with a shotgun let alone a bow. That must've been a real rush.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Congrats, from here too! I never had the nerve to try it with a bow, yet. Still hooked on getting them with a scattergun. I'll be hunting with Saw this week. He's got a blind and is determined to having me video him getting his with a bow. I hope it works out! My hat's off to anyone that's competent enough to do it while putting themselves at such a disadvantage. Again, congradulations.

PowDuck

Reaction score
Congrats, KS. Gotta be a real adrenaline rush to bag one with a bow. I'm still too wimpy to try it that way.

Tominator

Reaction score
Very Impressive, way to go bud! Stats on the bird?
Tominator

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
We were using a Double Bull Pro Staff blind. My buddy did all the calling and knew the area, so I can't take any credit for the setup.

The birds gobbled all around us till flydown, then only gobbled a few times. The jake I shot came in quiet about 45 minutes after first light with a hen in half-strut @ 6yds and I pinwheeled him. He pitched up and came down on my dekes but only made it about 35yds before piling up. 5" beard, 1/2" spurs, and weighed close to 20lbs.

It was a heck of a rush being my first bird. I have missed shots at two hens in the past two deer seasons and been able to draw on some hens during the spring season. I still want to take on off the ground without a blind though. Gonna take some skill and major luck to do it though.

Rattler

Reaction score
Nice bird. Bow too, wow! Nothing is wrong with a blind. I use a jakehouse from time to time, too. It really helps on windy days in fairly open areas when there's only a small bush or tree out there. Best

Lankyman

Reaction score
KsBowhunter,

Congrats on getting one with the bow.  I have taken my bow a few times.  Unfortunately, the days I have taken it, I couldn't even call a hen to me.  Maybe one I'll get to connect with the ol' stick & string.  Congrats again.

killinturks

Reaction score
thats pretty cool with the bow.i give you guys a lot of credit for taking it to the next level

Top Bottom