1st Whitetail with a Bow

Deertrembl1

Reaction score
I took this 6-pointer two weeks ago about an hour south of Wichita, KS. He isnt the fourteen pointer that ive heard is runnign around where i hunt but he aint to bad for the first one with a bow.  I almost had a before and after, he was only about five foot from getting his picture taken when i shot him.

http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamP...amp;PhotoID=737

(Edited by Deertrembl1 at 8:59 pm on Nov. 25, 2001)

(Edited by Deertrembl1 at 9:03 pm on Nov. 25, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
Deertrembl Way to go! As far as i am concerned, any deer with a bow is a trophy. Nice first buck with your bow.                 Fubar

Arrowhead

Reaction score
DT >> Way to go.

Thanks for sharing. Next time let him wlak the extra 5 ft.

Just kidding. Any deer taken with a bow is a real trophy.
Not sure I could hold my bow steady if a 14 pointer came by.....

Good Luck.

StringShooter

Reaction score
It's great just to get your feet wet.

Any deer with a bow is trophy in my book, good job!

Nino

Reaction score
Congrats.  Welcome to the addiction.  My wife asked, "Don't you get tired of hunting?" and my response was "Do you get tired of shopping?"

gizz

Reaction score
Nice job Deertrembl1.
Your first deer with a bow is always special no matter how big.

kuff

Reaction score
I agree with the above. I regard all my kills as a trophy.

WI bowhunter

Reaction score
Deertrembl please accept my apalogy for the thoughts I had when I first looked at your buck. How many of those had i let go over the last few years. to many to count. Then I thought of my first deer with a bow back in 1960. It was a six pointer like yours and the thoughts of the excitement I had at that time was beyond words. thanks for reminding me that any deer with a bow is a great accomplishment. Never let that excitementleave you and bowhunting. That is what it is all about.

Deertrembl1

Reaction score
Apology accepeted WI. I would have let him pass but i go to school at Kansas State and dont get a whole lot of time to go home and hunt so i went ahead and took him. But you can bet that next year my trigger finger wont be as itchy as it was this year.

limit7

Reaction score
Nice job.  I am still trying to get my first deer with my bow.  What a challenge.  I have been watching a group of deer for about 2 weeks, but getting close enough with a bow is a different story.

Brad

Reaction score
congrats on your first deer with a bow! I know the feeling! I just got my first one too. A 4pt at 25 yards. I am 53 and took up bow hunting about 6 years ago. a friend gave me an old bear whitetail. I shot it for 2 years but didn't have the confidence to try and arrow a deer. I then bought a hoyt and shot till I was hitting a 3" group at 20 yds. and 6" at 35yds , my self imposed limit *L*.
  Last season I let a nice spike pass and never got another shot. This time I thought of letting this one pass too. But not for long . I drew on him and never felt the bow , it must have been over a minute . He was coming stright at me . then he turned and gave me a shot. I never thought about releasing the arrow, it just went! I hit him in both lungs . He ran about 60 yds and dropped. I felt something I never felt gun hunting. It isn't the size of the deer it is the hunt. The good shot and quick kill

nobuckkev

Reaction score
Good job. I think that any kill with a bow is a real trophy. You will always remember it.

ONESHOT

Reaction score
Congrats!  My first bow kill was a 1-1/2 year old 8 point.  Not much mass, but I got him mounted.  He means more to me than the 3-1/2 year old 10 point I shot with a gun (also hanging on my wall).

Any bow kill is a great accomplishment.  Congrats again.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I took a doe for a first bow kill,and i can still give Details about that hunt and its been several years.
 Nice deer,you have done better than me this yr so far.

Top Bottom