2 hunting spots

doobie

Reaction score
Has anyone hunted the greater Knights Ferry area or Herring Creek area? Any thoughts on those areas?

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of private ground around Knights Ferry. I can't think of a place around there open to deer hunting. There are deer there in the foothills, but I don't believe you can get to them unless you ask around.

Herring Creek, around Strawberry? You can take the Dodge Ridge Road to the Wilderness trail head, but on the opener that place is a zoo.

D6 has become a mystery. 10,000 people with guns. Newbies hear stories of places like Cedar Ridge, Long Barn after the big fire, Cow Creek, Eagle Meadows, and so on. It ain't what it used to be.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I duck hunt on occassion with some Oakdale locals. They have some buddies who hunt the Knight's Ferry area with some good success. So, if you have access, good luck to you. It can be pretty good I hear.

jvle95

Reaction score
I believe there is a BLM area just outside of China Camp ( I think thats the name). It is near the turn off where you go right off of 120 and head up toward Yosemite. Check the BLM website, Ive seen it on there. Im not sure how close that is Knights Ferry but worth a look. The turnoff is about 15 or so miles from Sonora I think.

browning 1

Reaction score
Herring Creek Holds Some Deer The Problem Is Its A Zoo With Opening Weekend Being The Worst Ive watched Guys Fight Over Little Forked Horns And I Mean Little.

jvl395 Its Chinese Camp.

As Far As Knights Ferry I Dont Believe Theres Much BLM Available If You Go Up The Road A Bit Tulloch Has Some Hope This Helps.

doobie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone. I figured knights ferry was mostly private land. I heard Herring was a pain on opening weekend. Think I might check it out a week or so later, maybe during the week. I know where Chinese Camp is, but never hunted it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom