2 months in the bush

jjhack

Reaction score
Well, just back from RSA. Another great season with a new remote camp, no Utility power only a Gen. I will share more detail as I get caught up and have time to put some of the events in print. I had 35 hunters through the camps and had a great hunting adventure with all of them!

BigSwad

Reaction score
Sounds good JJ. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to the pictures.

BigSwad

Reaction score
Oh yes, I might add poor JJ! Had to eat all that biltong and Kudu backstrap. Probably even threw in a few Impala tenderloins just for good measure. Did someone say dry wors? Man I miss all the good eats we had over there, even the paps. Hard to find alot of that stuff over here.

daddy63

Reaction score
looking forward to the pics,stories, and hopefully some more info about bullet\caliber performance.

Thanks

Duknutz

Reaction score
Welcome back JJ,
Can't wait to hear the stories and see some pic's....

jjhack

Reaction score
The weather during the season was generally bad. We had several days of high wind each week, and we had nights that were 50's one night, and frost the next night. It really screwed up the way game was moving.

Over all a lot of game was taken and the new property was a great success for us. A few things to correct during the week, but nothing that was a problem. Almost everyone, including myself really liked the remote location and the generator power. Using candles and flashlights or sitting around the fire was a really nice "feeling" for a hunting camp.

My other properties have been solid, and dependable places for very long now. One of them was shut down for renovation, and we hunted it anyway. We packed in all our own food, my cook Jamien, and the PH's. It had not been hunted yet this year due to the renovations. I sweet talked the land owner to let us in for a few days. What a great time we all had there. A little rough around the edges with the construction, but the hunting was awesome!

Anyway, I'm back and I'll post up some photo's. I recovered 2-270 TSX bullets the last week I was there from my 375HH and I recovered 5 165 grain TSX bullets for my 30/06. Then a few partitions from the other rifles.

The TSX are still the best bullet on the market, but the frequent lack of blood trails is an ongoing concern. I had to track a number of animals a long way with only the hoof prints to go on. Several had absolutely no blood the whole way. Several shot with the 270 grain TSX bullets from the 375HH had no blood trail either. I love the bullets but really miss getting some blood to follow.

Most of the photo's I have are from a Canon 30D camera. It's so high resolution I cannot get Jesse's site to accept them so I can put them up here. They just take forever to download and then fail. I will have to work on that so i can post up a few of the great pictures I have of this season.

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jjhack @ Jul 1 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The TSX are still the best bullet on the market, but the frequent lack of blood trails is an ongoing concern. I had to track a number of animals a long way with only the hoof prints to go on. Several had absolutely no blood the whole way. Several shot with the 270 grain TSX bullets from the 375HH had no blood trail either. I love the bullets but really miss getting some blood to follow.[/b]
Have you tried A-Frames or "Bonded" bullets? And was there one animal that this happened to more than others?

jjhack

Reaction score
The Mfg's have sent me all their bullets over the years for testing. The Bonded bullets have such a low frequency of exit that I prefer the TSX now to just about anything else. The 270 Swift Aframe is tops in the 375HH as it will make most every animal you hit with it shudder and stagger on impact. They do not exit as frequently, but pack such a solid impact that they crumple most plains species quite well.

The 270 TSX can be used in the 375HH for every animal on earth and it will outbenetrate any 300 grain bonded bullet ever made. It's gotta be one of the best bullet cartridge combinations for a one rifle hunt in the world today. Point blank dangerous game, and 350meters with the same combination was unheard of until the 270grain TSX came out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom