2 off the wall ideas

TmKarren

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using infra leds for a flash?  Will the photo process of the camera pick up the infra light, or does it need a regular light?  If so you could get 12 or so put them on the front, and when the PIR is set off it will turn them on, off when the PIR is reset.  The camera usually don't flash right away anyway.  It might even work on digital cameras.  they (I think) are a low lux camera.  It's just a idea.  Will it work with uv filter lenses.  I'm not to good with this kind of thing..

Another thing is putting an alarm on the game cameras.  In all electronics there is a tilt switch,  like in a pinball machine(#ats-3) 2/$1.  A push button switch (#pb-21) $.75.  A alarm (#sbz-10) $.75.  total $2.50.  I use camo tape so I could just tape over the button to hide it.  It would need a timer.  the alarm is on a board.  You might could redue the board and add a timer.  IF ANYTHING.  IT MIGHT KEEP THE BEARS FROM EATING THE CAMERA.  Any Ideas??

(Edited by TmKarren at 8:14 am on Mar. 13, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
TmKarren,

I just received 100 infrared led lamps to try and build an infrared source for my video camera.
I plan on trying this idea out on the regular cameras but with a lot more infrared light than the game vu.
The digital cameras are not useful for night photos without extensive flash unless you buy the more expensive kind with an ISO rating of 400 or a nightshot mode(slow shutter).  The only one I have seen so far that seems like it would work is the Sony but I can't wire into it.

TmKarren

Reaction score
Thanks Brian.  You'll have to let me know how the infra leds work with the regular camera...

(Edited by TmKarren at 10:43 am on Mar. 13, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom