2 quick questions

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
I have two questions I hope will be easy to answer:

1. I am correct in thinking that I need to solder one end of the diode, the black power wire, and the bottom left relay post together? Also the wire leading to the IC, the other end of the diode and the bottom right side of the relay post together?

2. How do I wire the Coaxial DC power plug? I can tell which wire goes to the relay and which to the switch.

Thanks for your help!!!

bat

Reaction score
Good Ole Boy,
If it is the RS pir, relay, connection let me see if I can do this in here:

Wire to corner of DPDT SWITCH--V      
          Black wire and diode end--->   |   /  <---stripped end of diode and #2 pin
                                                   |      |         wire
                                                   |      |
                                                   |      |   <---relay
                                                   |      |
                                                   |      |
                                                       |
 Wire to connector for the camera------^    

Solder a wire from the center post on the same side of the DPDT SWITCH that
you connected the center wire of the relay to above and run it to the connector
for the camera.  This wire and the lower Relay wire make up the connector wires.
bat

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Good Ole boy,

1)If you hold the relay so that the end with three terminals is "up", the right terminal goes to pin #2 of the large IC (assuming RS 49-425). The left terminal goes to the (-) side of the battery. Now, across those same two terminals you need a protection diode, the silver banded end of the diode gets soldered to the right terminal (same terminal as wire to pin #2 of large IC), the solid end of the diode, or unbanded end gets soldered to the right terminal, or the same terminal that battery negative is soldered.

2)On each end of the relay, there are terminals, these are the N.O(normally open). You need one wire coming from the coaxial plug soldered onto one end of the 5v relay.  The other end of the relay (lets say the "top" using the three terminals up) gets a wire soldered from the "top" terminal on the relay, to one side of the dpdt switch, take another wire, connect it to the "center" terminal on the dpdt switch, and the other end of that wire goes to the open terminal on the coaxial plug. (When you close the contacts on the dpdt switch, you are completing the circuit, alowing the camera to fire through the dpdt switch. I hope this helps you, and doesn't confuse you. Good luck.

bat

Reaction score
Bob very good, that's what I was trying to say hehe!  bat

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom