2006-2007 Lake Sonoma Pig Hunts

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Ranger Joel...a big thanks for continuing the hog hunts for 2006/2007.
Also, thank you for opening it in November as oposed to October, that will give the guys that drew deer tags (me included) a better opportunity to hunt unpressured critters.

job well done

Franklin3

Reaction score
Opened easily enough for me even with dial up!
Thanks Rqnger Joel

Rangerjoel

Reaction score
OK,
Looks like the files are downloading to web page so you will find the first 2 files of the information on the lake Sonoma attached to this post.

You will notice that we will not be hunting until November. Fish and game requested that I not have pig hunts at the same time as the deer and turkey hunts. That’s why the season is starting late and why the pig hunts is restricted to certain sections of the park on DFG hunt days.
If you have any questions, e-mail me at joel.d.miller@spd02.usace.army.mil or call me at (707) 433-9483 ext. 20 (leave a detailed message because I’m never at the desk)
Joel

Attachments

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
My confuser won't open the dates file..

Will someone pretty please post them in a reply?

Rangerjoel

Reaction score
I think PIGIG is going to put all the info on his web site and post a link here. The calendar probably is not opening because it’s a zipped file.

NCahuntinfool

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I are thinking about giving Lake Sonoma a try this year. Can anyone give me any info to help us get started. Again I'm not looking for anyones honey hole. We are definately willing to work for what we get, but we have never even been there. Do you definately need a boat to access the hunting area? And is there a web site that can give me more info on the hunting area itself?

I sure would appreciate some help. It's been along time since I have been able to do any pig hunting and have been really excited about getting back into it.

Thanks

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Still can't open it..

That does it...I have to walk allllll the way over to the other side of the house to use the other confuser.

You don't know how much of a burden this is to deal with. I might need a day off tomorrow to recover.

Rangerjoel

Reaction score
NCahuntinfool,
You probably will want a boat to get around out here. The hillsides are steep and seem to be getting steeper each year. (Is any one else noticing this too?) If you don’t have a boat, make friends with some one who does. Remember, the best boat is always someone else’s.
Good luck

PIGIG

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rangerjoel @ Aug 6 2006, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
NCahuntinfool,
You probably will want a boat to get around out here. The hillsides are steep and seem to be getting steeper each year. (Is any one else noticing this too?) If you don’t have a boat, make friends with some one who does. Remember, the best boat is always someone else’s.
Good luck[/b]
joel i dont think it getting steaper as much as it is we are getting older
after a long weekend of smoking pig and gaining 10 lbs i did not get to my web site but i will work on it today

Backcountry

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NCahuntinfool @ Aug 5 2006, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A friend of mine and I are thinking about giving Lake Sonoma a try this year. Can anyone give me any info to help us get started. Again I'm not looking for anyones honey hole. We are definately willing to work for what we get, but we have never even been there. Do you definately need a boat to access the hunting area? And is there a web site that can give me more info on the hunting area itself?[/b]
Search through all the posts in the JHO pig hunting forum, there are about 30-40 threads chock full of information that answer all of your questions, and more.

FYI, if you're in decent shape, you do not need a boat to effectively hunt there... just ask BDB who doesn't even bother to leave his office in Berkeley until noon, then drive up to the lake, then kills a hog around 6pm without a boat, and then is home in SF by 9:00pm. Can't get much easier than that! (but let's see him do that two years in a row)

BDB

Reaction score
Rancho, PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll send you a copy unzipped in word.

Thanks for the info Joel !!!!!

BDB

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Backcountry @ Aug 7 2006, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
FYI, if you're in decent shape, you do not need a boat to effectively hunt there... just ask BDB who doesn't even bother to leave his office in Berkeley until noon, then drive up to the lake, then kills a hog around 6pm without a boat, and then is home in SF by 9:00pm. Can't get much easier than that! (but let's see him do that two years in a row)[/b]
Leave at noon, hell that would get me a 2 hour nap in before hitting the woods

Backcountry

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BDB @ Aug 7 2006, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leave at noon, hell that would get me a 2 hour nap in before hitting the woods
[/b]
Like I said, try that two years in a row... I wish you luck!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom