2007 SHOT Show Offers a Glance at Enormity of Hunting, Shooting Market

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Steve Wagner
(203) 426-1320</span> <div align=\'right\'> </div>
SHOT Show Offers a Glance at
Enormity of Hunting, Shooting Market
Industry's Largest Tradeshow Kicks Off Thursday

ORLANDO, Fla.―Active Americans make athletic and sporting equipment a $23 billion per year industry, but many may be surprised to discover that the industry's best sellers include firearms and hunting equipment.

In fact, the hunting and shooting sports market in the U.S. is massive. At $3.3 billion per year, it's surpassed in annual sales only by exercise and golf equipment.

If anything demonstrates the enormity of this market, it is the National Shooting Sports Foundation's annual tradeshow―the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show―which runs Jan. 11-14 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.

<span style="font-family:Arial">SHOT Show Growth

Exhibiting Companies
2007-1,870
2006-1,846
Net Square Feet
2007-656,000
2006-616,000
Largest Gain In Net Square Feet:
Law Enforcement Section
2007-100,000
2006-60,000
In its 29th year, the 2007 SHOT Show will be the largest ever, with 1,870 exhibiting companies encompassing 656,000 net square feet of space. Including aisles, SHOT Show's exhibit hall swells to over 1.3 million square feet, making it one of the top 30 trade shows in the country, as well as one of the fastest growing, regardless of industry. SHOT Show attracts buyers and media from 50 states and 75 countries, generating a projected $45 million in revenue for Orlando-area businesses.

"It is at SHOT Show that our industry provides a glimpse of what's to come over the next year," said Doug Painter, president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), owner and sponsor of the show. "From hunting gear to law enforcement products, buyers and media will gather to see the industry's newest offerings."

According to the National Sporting Goods Association, hunting and firearm sales in 2005 grew 6 percent from the previous year, two times more than the athletic and sports equipment market as a whole.

That same percentage of growth is reflected this year at SHOT Show, which at 656,000 net square feet is 6 percent larger than last year's show.

The largest area of growth within this year's show is in law enforcement. This section of SHOT Show will encompass 100,000 net square feet of exhibition space, compared to just 60,000 last year.

Other sections of the show include firearms and ammunition, general shooting and hunting, outdoor wear, outfitters, paintball and retail services.

SHOT Show is a private trade show for industry personnel only. It is not open to the public.

SHOT Show is owned and sponsored by NSSF, the shooting, hunting and outdoor industry's largest trade association, and managed by Reed Exhibitions. For more information, visit www.shotshow.org and www.nssf.org.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
OK Who from JHO is going?

I think I'll be there all day Friday only.

Jesse, are you going? I don't have your cell # anymore.

Speck? Buehler, Buehler, Anybody.....

email me at arrowhead95@hotmail.com with contact info.

Jerry

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Hey Arrowhead,
myself, Speckmisser, and Jesse are planning on being in Orlando this week. I'll send you an email and we can exchange numbas.. maybe hookup somewhere along the way.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
WOW is all I can say about that show. It has to be a daunting task to try and cover it all from a press point of view. All I was doing was walking around and looking and it is so hard to take it all in. Every vendor has something new. Not sure how many vendors there are but it has to be staggering. The size of the hall itself is incredible. Just when you think you have seen it all there is more around the next corner.

Chris, Phil and Jesse it was great to meet you guys. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule. Cannot wait to see your reports.

I wish I would have thought about it before hand but we could have done a plant tour. Next time.

Jerry

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Jerry,

Was good to finally meet you in person as well. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Daunting task isn't the half of it! Just trying to decide what to cover and what to pass-up is a hell of a trick.

Top Bottom