2009 Homer, AK fishing and/or duck hunting

waldo2382

Reaction score
Here's what I have. I have two guest bedrooms in my condo that I have here in Homer, Alaska where you can stay and I have a 24 foot pacific skiff decked out for fishing halibut, salmon and lingcod or you can come up in the fall for sea ducks and shoot harlequins, long tails (old squaw), barrow's goldeneye, mallards, honkers, sandhill cranes, buffleheads or whatever duck comes buzzing by. So I'll take you fishing and stay at my house where you supply your own snacks and airfare and licenses. I have the rods for 2, maybe 3 people right now to go on the boat and that is about all that will fit comfortably.
There is a catch though, with my line of work, I do not get my schedule until the end of April/beginning of May for the summer and not until September for the rest of the fall and all winter. So it is kinda last minute stuff or at least a few months in advance.
For those of you curious on the seasons,
Halibut is closed in January
King Salmon in the ocean year round, and show up in the Anchor River (13 miles down the road) in Late May or Early June and closes the end of June.
Silver Salmon in the ocean July 1st and beyond and in the Anchor River around the end of July to beginning of August.
Lingcod season opens July 1st - December 31.
For my fishing report, fished all last week and everything is biting in the ocean. Limits of Halibut the rule, not exception, good lingcod fishing, silvers cooperating as long as you put in your time and are patient. Some kings are around, got a 40 pounder the other day and a 20 pound white king yesterday. Lingcod are biting as well if willing to make the 30+ mile run.

Ducks, geese and cranes September 1st - December 16th.

That's what I have. What I'm looking for is dang near anything for anywhere else, but preferably waterfowl anywhere else. Let me know if you can make it up here, what you want to do and we'll discuss.

waldo2382

Reaction score
Read this Duck hunting Report

One other option that I can offer is spring Black Bear hunting in Cordova, AK. The hunting would be spot and stalk off my boat from May 1st through June 10th for Unit 6D. I do not have a house in Cordova, but there are motels available in town. In that neck of the woods, salmon are not around, but there are plenty of halibut to catch. The catch from above still applies. I don't think I'll have my work schedule until the beginning of April. Let me know if you're interested.

I have been asked if I am a guide. I AM NOT. I do not accept any form of payment. Just chip in on fuel and food and it will be all good.
As for what I want in exchange, maybe a big game hunt somewhere else but I do love them ducks and geese. Open to ideas.
Not looking for any fishing trips, I worked charter boats for too many years...been there done that.

EDIT as of 12/17/08
As of right now, my work schedule would not work for spring bear hunting where I could devote full time in getting a bear for you if you wanted to come up here for one. Trust me when I say this is that I will work hard to make sure your trip is successful and more importantly, enjoyable, as I would hope you would do for me. There are plenty of seasons ahead so feel free to contact me if you are interested. Things can always change and if you are really gung ho about getting a bear, I can only put in half days as I will be working the night shift and need to get some sleep during the day.

esgoosehunter

Reaction score
If you ever want to swap some largemouth bass fishing, dove hunting, striper fishing, chucker hunting, and some public land waterfowl hunting we could work a swap and have a blast. mark. 805 279 4185

Top Bottom