2011 JHO Tejon POR Hog Hunt May 20-22 2011

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The 2011 JHO Tejon Ranch Hog Hunt will be May 20-22 2011. $450 per hunter for 1 pig. Dry camping on ranch available or hotels nearby.

New hunters welcome, we'll help you get on a hog and get a shot.

Eric is roasting a whole pig for supper Saturday night. Free raffle too.

Tejon Hunt

J.O.

Reaction score
Jesse,

How much notice do we have to give book it? 1 month, 2months ahead of time? Never been there but would like to try it. Also, is this hunt for bow or rifle?

nickmetz

Reaction score
Is there a limit to how many people can attend the weekend? How do I register?

irrascable

Reaction score
jesse i met you up in arizona turkey hunting a few years back and had a great time. i would love to bring my son out for a pig. i will keep an eye on this thread for details.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
About 2 months before the hunt will post up in the hog forum and here in the JHO events forum. At that time everything will be explained and info on where to send your money. We can have like 50 people I think it is on Tejon for this hunt. We've had a full hunt before and still had room for everyone, Tejon is huge.

Hey irrascable, I thought that was you, How you been? Sure, bring your boy down for some hog chasin, he'll love it.

Ism415

Reaction score
would i be able to bring my "better half"?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
No non hunters allowed on Tejon, if you go you have to pay to hunt. Sorry.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Huh

Is that all unguided hunting? Are 4X4 Jeeps and/or quads allowed? If not, does Tejon offer packing out services? If we're unable to hunt for any reason, can we still come to the BBQ? I'm heading to Redding in Feb to shoot a big boar and smaller meat pig. But if I strike out...(bad thoughts, bad thoughts...must vanquish all negativity-no bad thoughts, auuggghhhh).

theJester

Reaction score
re:

I want to go. I would love to get my first pig. Keep us posted.

DirtyDave

Banned
Reaction score
Is that all unguided hunting? Are 4X4 Jeeps and/or quads allowed? If not, does Tejon offer packing out services? If we're unable to hunt for any reason, can we still come to the BBQ? I'm heading to Redding in Feb to shoot a big boar and smaller meat pig. But if I strike out...(bad thoughts, bad thoughts...must vanquish all negativity-no bad thoughts, auuggghhhh).
4x4 trucks/jeeps and rhino type sidexside's are good if they are insured. No quads/bikes allowed. All unguided hunting. Packing, skinning etc on your own. No non-hunters allowed.
Its a good group of guys, so everyone is willing to help you pack out etc.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
What about dogs? Are hounds allowed or is it strictly spot & stalk?

Shmave23

Reaction score
What about dogs? Are hounds allowed or is it strictly spot & stalk?
Spot & Stalk ONLY!!!!!! Your bear hunt got YOU loving the whole dog thing huh??? Ive gotta try this whole houndsmen thing.

-Dave

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Spot & Stalk ONLY!!!!!! Your bear hunt got YOU loving the whole dog thing huh??? Ive gotta try this whole houndsmen thing.

-Dave
I will admit, despite my sincere reservations prior to hunting with hounds, it is as insanely exhilerating as it is successful. Woof.

Top Bottom