2012 Archery Tule Elk - Owens Valley

VideoDude

Reaction score
I was lucky to draw a tag after 10 years for the valley wide Archery Tule Elk hunt in the Owens Valley and I ended up shooting a 6x6 on the 6th day of the hunt.

My time there was spent with some great friends and in making some new ones. I spent some time with Don Nichols scouting and hunting these Bulls, and there were a lot of them. We had days of scouting where we seen over 100 elk.

The heat was up all week with temps over 100 and the when the afternoon thundershowers came, they were a welcome site.

I put a 440 yard stalk with the last 100 yards belly crawl through the cover you in the the picture to get within 45 yards, when I rose for the shot, 15 elk got up and moved out to the 60 yard mark, and I settled the pin on him and let the shot go. He only went 20 yards and I was able to watch him expired in 2-3 min.

We seen this bull a week earlier and I took a photo thru the spotting scope.

Ron

Attachments

flingem71

Reaction score
That's fantastic, I've yet to get an elk...let alone a draw. Congrats!

DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

JTA6498

Reaction score
Congratulations. Awesome bull. I had thought that hunt was earlier in the season. That's a legit tag to draw

jls456

Reaction score
That is one nice bull.especially taking it with a bow.Great job!

VideoDude

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! This hunt is in August...quite warm that time of year, but it was a great hunt!

Vermonster

Reaction score
Very nice bull! And with the bow, impressive! Congrats!

RVRKNG

Reaction score
Nice! I have been trying for that tag for years. Congrats!!

VideoDude

Reaction score
Thanks. I was maxed out on points when I drew, just have to keep playing the game.

Top Bottom