2013 Hunter Safety classes Big Bear Ca.

Would you drive to Big Bear for Hunter Safety class and advance hunter ed classes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewolfman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...i ll b having lik 5 or so kids to tak the class

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Wolfman I really suggest the online classes for the kids. It will give them time to study and learn at a slower pace. Also parents can help out when they need it. Plenty of online test samples too. I look forward to it and hope I can fill the class with under 21's.

Pizzul

Reaction score
well i started doing the online stuff the other day but now i see the follow up is on April 20th and thats the day that i have a brew club fest. Any other dates this will be going on that i would be able to do the follow up class?

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Classes will continue all spring, summer and fall. I will try to host both a 4 hour class and 10 hour class each month.

KTKT70

Reaction score
my wife and son still need this class. i was thinking that mayb i can just sit in on the class for fun. But i may be running around woods with the baby hunter. He is 3 and not yet ready for the class. lol. I will keep a eye out for update. So far i think the 10 hours over 2 days is best. Thanks agian

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Guests are more than welcome too. Since I do not do this for the money it matters not to me.

mtnsammy

Reaction score
OK 4 hour class for those who have taken the online is on for April 20th. Class starts at 9am sharp. Email for details and to reserve spot. I will not be charging the $5 hold fee to see if it works out well. You must have a completion certificate from a certified online class before coming for updates and the test at my class. Location and additional info will be gven in a responce to your email reservation.

After the class I will give a free class in the field at one of my favorite sitting spots showing der signs rubs and whatever else is available this time of year. Doubt we will see deer but ya never know. This meadow shows good signs of deer in the past but it is one of the hardest to hunt as well. It requires a 1 mile hike but there is much to learn in 4 hours there.

Email requests to [email protected]

The 10 hour class is temporarily canceled due to a possible conflict. I will try to make up for it Early May.

mtnsammy

Reaction score
OK so far no takers on the class on the 20th. I have to have a minimal of 3 or the class is canceled. I normally will take 5 to be sure we meet the 3 limit but if all are in one group I will flex. Just had the annual meeting with FNG or FnW?? Need to order new tests and the classes have changed a lil. Still good to go but if you want to come I need to know ASAP so I can borrow the new materials until mine are delivered. Lots of great stuff coming out for the young ones. May will start many new projects.

I really really need to hear from anyone taking the class. No sweat if the date is bad and I met some great guys from Kern area too. Costs are minimal but the drive to or from Kern would pay to take it locally. Looking forward to a Spring and Summer of Hunter Prep.

thewolfman

Reaction score
What website do i have my kids take the online class???.. we will be good to go...

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Met this company at the conference and they also make my slide presentation. I may be a little biased here but I like them. http://www.huntercourse.com/usa/california/

$25 only when you request the certificate. All the practice and review you want FREE and even advanced hunter classes for after taking the test.

http://homestudy.ihea.com/

T
hese guys offer the classes in English and Spanish. I have not looked closely into them yet. They too are on the Fish and Wildliife pages as approved.

Wolfman email me please [email protected]

KTKT70

Reaction score
sorry. i had not been checking for a update in a while. I still need the class for 2 ppl. Mom and son. I will talk to her and see what her plan is. We have not looked for any more classes here in bakersfield. Im open to what ever is good and teaches the most.

mtnsammy

Reaction score
All are welcome. Future dates looking like (18 and 25 May), (15 and 22 June), (20 and 27 July). I have not made these firm yet so if one works best for you let me know. These will also be posted on the Calif FNG Site for more signups. If you need to find a class closer to you this is the best place to go. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes.aspx

thewolfman

Reaction score
Mtnsammy...i emailed u but i have 3 of my kids 9-12 and maybe my brothers kids too... so i ll have my kids take the online class than...

Top Bottom