2013 JHO hog Hunting trip near Porterville/Springville Ca area. Full Curl Outfitters, Todd Osborne

flingem71

Reaction score
A friend of mine just announced he's booking for 2013. My thought is to put together a weekend with a few JHO guys. I sorta did this last year, had an absolute blast and now have a good friend from the forum. The hunting area would be in the Porterville/Springville Ca. area on local ranches. Hog and exotic would be offered. Hog hunts for individual are $400, exotic are $500. As for a group rate...I was thinking 4 hunters total. They've been good about "no shot, no pay" also if a hunter doesnt harvest, that hunters invited back. Meals and lodging are offered on the group hunts. Anybody interested in starting an annual hunt?

DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

Last edited:

mgriffith80

Reaction score
Good call, Brother! I definitely hope to make it again this year. Last time was a blast! Keep me in the loop.

flingem71

Reaction score
Wolf, its one harvest per hunter. I'm sure you could add another pig for a discounted amount but that's up to the guide. I don't have complete dtails but I'm sure its for fri evening, Saturday and Sunday.
DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

Last edited:

flingem71

Reaction score
Griff...your spots always reserved!

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
What dates are you looking at? Are they archery friendly? If the timing is right it could be combined with turkey!

mdn6464

Reaction score
Sounds fun. And the price is certainly right. If you don't mind me asking, how big is the property that the hunt will be taking place on? Can the property support a group larger than 4 hunters?

flingem71

Reaction score
What dates are you looking at? Are they archery friendly? If the timing is right it could be combined with turkey!
They are offering a turkey package. I have prices for combo hunts including 4 hunters. As for archery, yes...ill be hunting traditional myself. Dates....its for a spring hunt so dates are open, just depends who wants to add a turkey ($250) to the package. If somebody out of 4 adds a turkey then we would have an initial date to start with.

flingem71

Reaction score
Sounds fun. And the price is certainly right. If you don't mind me asking, how big is the property that the hunt will be taking place on? Can the property support a group larger than 4 hunters?
The acres (from what I know) are between 2500-5000. As for supporting more than 4.... I think 4 is a good number. 2 guides and 4 hunters.

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
I was planning a combo for spring anyway. I had set aside march 30- April 2, that's a sat- tues. The price sounds fair but i am not a fan of high fence, please advise.

flingem71

Reaction score
This is what was sent to me, and is for 3 hunters....

Lodging and meals for 3 hunters included.

Exotic only...$1950
Pig only....$1500
Exotic & pig....$2700
Exotic & turkey...$2250
Pig & turkey...$1950

thewolfman

Reaction score
Cali...if its fenced...why not just go to big horn in mo val???... i ll help u drag it.. lol

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
I agree, just because it's a bigger property doesn't negate a high fence. I just personally don't like them.

flingem71

Reaction score
Its a group rate, so each hunter (if pig package is chosen) would harvest seperate pigs (3) and each would be provided meals and lodging for the weekend. Not $1500 for one pig.

flingem71

Reaction score
Cali...if its fenced...why not just go to big horn in mo val???... i ll help u drag it.. lol
This may not be something that works for you and that's ok.

Top Bottom