2014 October Hunt - Huge Spotted Boar

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score
The October hunt went well. Here's the story. First, I made some improvements here & there to the lodging. Here are some pics of the lodging.

View attachment 83547

The guys arrived Friday last week. After settling in, we look at some trail pictures. Good news, we see pigs on the cameras.

View attachment 83548

We get to planning the hunt on the dry-erase board.

View attachment 83549

Here are the guys, ready to start the hunt.

View attachment 83550

*** To Be Continued **

Last edited:

mike387

Reaction score
Good luck guys! Planning my own pig hunt as well. Got my eye on a large piebald boar.

7MMHunter

Reaction score
Nice TRA NICE!!! Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerryt

Reaction score
Still looking for the rest of the story.

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score
Still looking for the rest of the story.
Yea here it is!

It was Friday. I was with EY at the canopy not far from the house. That same canopy that served me well in September during the pig-hunt. Sitting there in the canopy, we are waiting to see if anything passes us. A large black hog passes by at a trot. It goes into a clearing and EY takes a shot. Its a miss. The hog takes off at full speed. Its gone. Shucks.

We radio the other guys to tell them we saw the black hog. A few minutes go by and we are still in the canopy. This time its a huge spotted boar that comes into the exact same clearing as the black hog! This time EY is ready. He shoots & hits. The bullet SLAMS the huge boar as the boar runs to the river's edge. The boar spins a full 360 as he enters the water, and keeps running in the same direction! The boar is in the water now, running/swimming across. I jump in my truck. EY pursues on foot. We both lose sight of the boar. I jump out of the truck, not sure if the boar is under water, or half a mile away by now.

We both pursue the boar on foot. EY is pushing through brush, and I'm running up ahead to cover more ground. We've only come about 150 yards when I come over a small hill, and I'm faced with the huge injured boar. The boar turns 90 degrees to face me. Instinctively, I raise my hands as if I'm being held at gun point. I'm unarmed. I start backing up, yelling to EY "I found him! If he charges me you need to save me!!" This is one tough boar. The boar runs into the brush, disappearing again, but we find him moments later. This time he isn't going anywhere.

View attachment 83601

Here's a close-up of his head.

View attachment 83603

Two-inch tusks!

View attachment 83604

We get him back to the house. The spotted boar weighs in at 237 LBs!

View attachment 83605

Here's EY with his prize.

View attachment 83606

This all goes down the Friday night of the hunt. Its six hunters (seven including me) but only one hunter has his boar. Saturday & Sunday still to come.

​*** To Be Continued ***

huntingbret

Reaction score
So far the reading is good Eric. Keep the rest coming!

eoats

Reaction score
Nice.

Wondering how that hide might workout as upholstery for a truck seat?

Cant-hit-em

Reaction score
Twiddling thumbs, waiting patiently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntingbret

Reaction score
Eric likes to keep us all waiting. Just when we all are starting to give up on his thread, boom, he finishes his story for us. LOL

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score

7Mag_PigHunter

Reaction score
Nice job to all the shooters for taking a pig down and especially for their guide which to me seems like he is one of the best in the area!.... The land you guide always seems to have pigs and thats great man you are doing good hunting and management to keep the pigs in the area... Congratulations to all the hunters and i think 7mmHunter is roasting the pig by now haha

7MMHunter

Reaction score
Thanks all, as always Erik puts us on the hogs each trip. 7Mag check your pm. Mdn my younger brother came out and scored his first kill right above my pick. The weekend was great with all the awsome food we brought and the guides 1st CLASS Hospitality! The kills were a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REM3006

Reaction score
:lol bashing sign:Not to mentioned I had a good deal with my 3 legged pig that was shot 172 yds. running shot by the fence line across the canopy and end up in the water. See the last pig picture.

Top Bottom