2017 SPECIAL DOVE HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES. Apply now!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
2017 SPECIAL DOVE HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES. Apply now!

#JHO

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/special-dove-hunt-opportunities-available-for-2017-season/

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Do not forget that it costs $2.42 to put in for it...

cjack

Reaction score
Don't care for the new special hunts application process, limits how many hunts you can apply for.

shoottime

Reaction score
I hunted Salt Slough on the opener a couple of years ago..I went down the day before and got on the sweat line list. I was lucky to get a low number and make it in before shoot time. I was done with my 15 birds in 35 minutes, my brother took a little longer with his 15 taking 40 minutes. Can be a fun shoot, well worth the $2.42 so I applied as well as my 12 year old son.

Rodburner

Reaction score
didn't seem like he was complaining, just looks like a heads up to me.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Was not complaining...just noting a change.

However, I see this new fee as a steady revenue stream. I am a little concerned that the fee will creep up. I remember when you could shoot pigs for free. Then they instituted the 5 tags for $5 fee...now what is it $15+ per tag? I am just saying...DFG tends to jack up fees quickly and to ridiculous level because their budget is constantly being raided by crooked politicians. What will the fee be next year?

Rodburner

Reaction score
I have been waiting for them to charge on the migratory bird stamp.

JeffR

Reaction score
In the CDFW news link, Rancho Jamul was mentioned but I don't see it in the listings on the upland game wild bird hunts signup page. Was it listed earlier?

cjack

Reaction score
In the CDFW news link, Rancho Jamul was mentioned but I don't see it in the listings on the upland game wild bird hunts signup page. Was it listed earlier?
It was but it was later cancelled, I applied for it as a second choice and then received an email informing me it was cancelled about a week ago.

JeffR

Reaction score
Thanks, cjack. Maybe the landowners had to be working on the property that day. Bummer, though, it's a nice location.

Top Bottom