• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

2019 Sunset Bucketmouths...Pic's

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Tuff sunset bite yesterday but I got one nice bass to strike at a pond I haven't been too in a long time...tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Here's a couple of nice ones from Friday sunset. I switched from the black/blue sticko to the junebug color sticko and hooked 6 bass in one session they r hammering that color.
Even though I hooked a couple of nice ones I was still not happy, I know I have spoiled myself so much hooking trophy bass but I am on a mission to land a DD and that's it.
I have been pounding the banks hard for the past year my legs and arms r feeling it and my time frame for the big girls is slowly diminishing and the weather has been extremely hot, humid and very windy its sucking the life out of me but I keep doing it.
I know I make it look easy but I work very hard covering a lot of banks with hundreds if cast and when u hook one they fight like hell a 2 lb. Bass will fight like a 5 lb. Bass and a 5 lb. Bass will fight Like a 8 lb. And I have been Bass tail slapped so many times...lol
Well anyways I still drag my azz out to hit the ponds. Thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

I hear ya John. It's all good out here till hurricane season kicks in for a few months then u r on pins and needles hoping to get through it without a major one hitting like a category 5. Couple more weeks and our hurricane season officially begins.

Last night I got out after 7pm to hit the ponds for the sunset bite I have been jonesing to hook a real nice lunker pond monster it's been about 10 days since the last one I hooked.
It was absolutely strong winds it was hard to cast out very discouraging with the hopes of hooking a nice one.
After hitting 3 ponds with no strikes I am at my fourth pond and its after 8 PM and I cast my frog into a plush corner of the pond and as I am retrieving it I see the wave coming up behind it I pause the frog and the water totally erupts and next I am fighting a pond monster cranking my reel hard pole bent back I get it to the bank and my drag wasn't tight and I kept spinning my reel handles had to tighten my drag reel quick not to loose the fish and got my hand on it and on the bank for some selfie high fives and pics....lol then released it back in to fight another day. Patience, persistent, success a great way to end the day!
Thnx for following my post and get out and hook one today!...tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Yesterday I hit the pond right across from my house for a rainy sunset session and managed to hook a nice one on a 10" Anaconda worm......tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

For hrs yesterday it was storming then went calm for the evening bite but was very tuff after that fish stay tight for awhile.
After sunset around 8:15 it was dark thats when i started getting hits on the sticko out deep felt like I lost a couple good ones off the hook so I kept casting out in the dark while the Mosquitoes were starting to mess with me and I got a blind strike under water and this time I didn't lose it got on the bank took some pics and released it, a nice one around 4 lbs.
Today is Monster Bass Tuesday when the course is closed so look forward to hitting the course ponds tonight if it's not storming......tra
Ps. I didn't have my glasses on to find the flash on my phone so I used the landscaping lighting for a palm tree and my head lamp.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Yesterday was Monster bass Tuesday I look forward to ea. week to get back on the course trails to hit some hidden ponds I haven't been to in a long time, I used my Escoot loaded up my abu Garcia geared poles and headed out for a 2 hr. Sunset session.
It started out windy after another day of storms as I started hitting up some prime monster bass ponds but I could tell the bite was shut down hard still so all I could do is b patient as I moved on from pond to pond.
After an 1 1/2 and 7 ponds later without one bite or strike it wasn't looking good.
Had about 40 minutes of light left and decided to hit a smaller pond I first started hooking pond monsters 5 yrs ago when I moved here but went dead for the last couple of years and I never really pay much attention to fishing it like I used to, i only had about 40 yards of bank to work. The frog action is pretty dead right now so I been casting the Sticko Worm and that's when the action started. Hooked a 1 lbr then I hooked one around 3 1/2 then right after that I hooked a 4 lbr then after that I hooked anothe small one. In the last 40 min of light I hooked 4 bass it was a great way to end the evening after almost getting skunked.
After 8 ponds and 2 hrs later and alot of cast I made it happen because I don't give up easy and neither do the bass!....lol
Thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today......tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

So it was ready to turn dark at 8 pm yesterday at sunset , I walked across the street to get some quick cast in and for some strange reason it was almost bite after bite as it got darker. The danm Mosquitoes were starting to attack I should of called it quits and walk back across to my house but I kept hooking bass and getting hits so I was having fun. After 30 minutes after dark I hooked 6 nice bass and finally let the Mosquitoes win and had to get back home, I had sprayed myself earlier but those damn swamp Mosquitoes u need a 100% diet....lol...they r viscous and go for the eye balls...lol but here's some of the bass I hooked, thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!.....tra20190915_193832.jpg20190915_193836.jpg20190915_193843.jpg20190915_193853.jpg20190915_200550.jpg20190915_193751.jpg20190915_200555.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

So part 2 of my sunset fishing from yesterday evening.
So after hooking my first sunset Bucketmouth I headed back to the house and then to my huge convient pond right across the street ( my neighbor let's me fish behind his house anytime I want so nice of him) so its almost 8 pm abd getting total darkness. I made sure I sprayed myself have with Mosquitoe spray and had my head net too.
I started casting out far and deep with a Sticko on my line blind fishing in the dark and after 20 minutes I get s blind underwater strike and I realized I hooked a nice one, I worked in and got it on the bank in total darkness. Real happy it was a solid 4 lbr. Damn swamp Mosquitoes were trying to get to my face but I had my head bug net on so that keep them from attacking my eyes and ears until I lifted it up to take pics and released it back in to fight another day. I called it a night and headed back home to share we with my partner for life my wife, shes my biggest supporter and fan....lol I was so amped up from all the great action i had a hard time sleeping but some strong cup of Joe his right now will help that this early morning. Enjoy and get out and hook one!... tra20190917_201229.jpg20190917_201143.jpg20190917_201154.jpg20190917_200853.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

After a day nasty Rainstorms yesterday I went out for the last hr for the sunset bite. It was still swirling wind I had no expectations of getting a bite but I like fishing against the odds and I was lucky to hook one on a Sticko........tra

20190920_192648.jpg

20190920_192757.jpg

20190920_192805.jpg

20190920_192813.jpg

20190920_192822.jpg

20190920_192636.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wow what an epic after sunset bite last night.
Got out for the last 90 minutes of sunset yesterday evening and didnt get any strikes and it was getting dark and the swamp Mosquitoes were starting to attack me, that damn Dry Off isn't worth a chit they still attack relentlessly so I grabbed my poles was ready to call it a night and was bummed that I would b skunked with no bass in hand ( I am am so spoiled) but I said the heck with it dropped one pole and casted my Sticko out with the other pole and bam I get a hit set the hook and real in a nice chunker around 4 lbs. , ok that's great I get a very nice bass I can go home without getting skunked, plus the Mosquitoes have me dancing on the bank while trying to snap pics.
Ready to grab both my poles agian and head home happy and I say to myself maybe the bite is just getting started, so one more time I cast out and right away I get a hit set the hook but it wouldn't budge, oh boy this could b big!
Ok to hear the rest of what happend I'll post the rest of the story in my ( Booyah Baby! Hooked Another Pond Monster) thread.
Here's pics of the first bass......tra

20191003_192934.jpg

20191003_192939.jpg

20191003_193001.jpg

20191003_193014.jpg

20191003_193031.jpg

20191003_193044.jpg

20191003_193050.jpg

20191003_193053.jpg

Top Bottom