.22 mag

crookramba

Reaction score
I use a 22 mag and have very good results within 150 yards I have a marlin 25mn

songdog

Reaction score
Check out a bunch of the other posts below. In summary, concensus is it's not a good coyote round no matter the shooter or the range.

Makes a nice little gray fox round though. They average around 8lbs out here in SoCal and the .22 Mag or .22 Hornet are just about right.

Conrad CA

Reaction score
How about if you use the 50 grain bullets and shoot with in 50 yards ?

songdog

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How about if you use the 50 grain bullets and shoot with in 50 yards ?[/b]
Then it makes an even better fox round! Still not good for coyotes though.

Remshot

Reaction score
crookramba,I shoot a 25mn. It's one of my favorite rifles for g-squirrels up to fox and jackrabbit. I use a Hornet Bluedot download in my 222 Rem for B-cats and night hunting. If you have a centerfire 22 consider downloading for special circumstances and/or reduced noise and pelt damage.

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
OK lets make it clear ON MODERN RIMFIRE ROUND IS GOOD FOR YOTES. Yes the 22mag will work up to Fox size game but not yotes.
Remshot how does the bluedot loads work for you? I was thinking of working up one for my 223.
WBH

Remshot

Reaction score
The suggested starting load for a 40 gr.bullet was 9 grs.Good performance,quieter with a little bullet drop changing the p.o.i. at 100 yds about a 1/2 inch.223 starting load was 11 grs. if I remember correctly.
I picked this up at ggvg, hit 'em up for the link.I think Roy B has the info.

yotegetter

Reaction score
It will work and has worked, but not for all. I wouldn't recommend it. Just get yourself a .243 and I'll guarantee you'll be happy.

Man this subject just keeps going and going. Maybe we should post a "NO .22 RIMFIRES FOR COYOTES" sign on the home page!

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
Thanks Remshot for the info I had the site it’s www.jamescalhoon.com I just had not heard of any one really using the loads. It sounds like a good way to down load for fox this season to save the pelt.
WBH

Remshot

Reaction score
wildbirdhunter,one thing I failed to mention was that instead of Rem 7 1/2 SR primers I used Fed 205 pistol primers. You're gonna be surprised when you try 'em on squeakdogs .

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom