24ga or 26ga where to buy?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I went to Menards today looking for 24 or 26ga stranded wire.  They didnt' have any.

Can I get it at RadioShack? or where?

Thanks

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I got my 22 or 24 guage stranded, not sure which, at a local electronics store, not RS.

Todd

Gun Docc

Reaction score
WalMart has it and you will find it near the television supplies next to the tv antenna's and stuff.
it will be packaged in 25 ft to 100 ft .
some that i got was labeled by Magnavox in a blister package and is labeled as speaker wire 24 gauge stranded.
also have seen it at Lowe's and home depot in the same section, wherever the tv and radio stuff is located.

Later,

homer

Reaction score
I use audio cable from RS part# 278-513 . I just cut the lenght I need then pull the wire from the shielding.

Buckoholic

Reaction score
I found some at Radio Shack and at Lowes if you have them near you. I have also seen it at Walmart before. Stranded is better.

feathermax

Reaction score
Definately make sure its stranded wire. I used 24ga. solid wire on one cam and the breaking wires have been nothing but headaches.
The solid wire seemed like a good idea that the time.

DelMar

Reaction score
A really good substitute to use is the ribbon cable from an old PC. It is very small, easy to use and will last forever. It is used to connect the Hard Drive or Floppy Drive to the Mother Board. Also, you can make a bunch of connections with it if you take a knife and cut it long ways into two wires. I have used it on both my Cams and it works really good. I had about twenty laying around, but you can pick them up at most Computer places.

Top Bottom