25 incher?- pictures

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
This is the same buck that I posted about a month ago and asked you guys if you thought he'd go 25.. Well, he still won't wander close enough to the road for me to get a good photo, but here are some pics. I took of him about two weeks ago.. He seems to get bigger everytime I see him.

Attachments

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Holy Crap that is a nice buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME picture!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

(not that it matters, or that we are keeping track, but yes I agreed with you and was right on on my guestimations)

subfan

Reaction score
Very nice, I too thank you for sharing.

warren nelson

Reaction score
Yes buils it and they will come, I think he will be over 25" wide by the end of his growing period, Nice bunch of bucks

bayedsolid

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
If you look real close.......I think he's giving us all the finger.

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Maybe its just the angle but that 3 by 3 all the way to the left dont look bad either. how wide is he? I couldnt guess from this angle

MEF

Reaction score
Looks like they're camped out on a certain lady's ranch in SB county.

foulshot

Reaction score
I don't know what they are eating but it's working. Very nice looking crop!

BuckFinder

Reaction score
Ridgewalker, Beautiful pics..It's always a pleasure to view your photos, especially of a A zoner like that beauty! Someone else mentioned that those photos look like an area a few miles west of Lake Cachuma. Are we close?? I sure wish we had a few more bucks like that in my favorite hunting grounds. Keep em coming.

larrysogla

Reaction score
Awesome pics!!! Looks like the mother lode of all muleys. Wow!!!
God Bless. larrysogla.

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
Yea, this buck is at that spot. It's no secret with the alfalfa fields in the backround. Most of my photo's are taken in another area, but if there is a buck like this one, I have to stop at the 'petting zoo' and snap a few pictures.. The problem is that it is hard to get them to come in close for a real good photo..
Note: to anybody that isn't familar with this spot, there is NO HUNTING! It is very patrolled and you are screwed when you get caught.. Just had to say that for any one that is getting funny ideas after looking at these photo's.. There's always a couple of jackass' in a crowd.
To answer the questions..anytime you see a green field in my posts it will be that spot. Other than that I have access to another piece of property for photographing and the deer are more WILD, but still nothing like our forest bucks.. You be lucky to photograph a little forky up there. I hunt up ther and it's tough!

thetarheelkid

Reaction score
Wow!! thats some awesome looking deer. But kinda knew it was either a Preserve or somebodies private no hunt land.

Sure does get your trigger finger twitching!! Thanks for the look see.

easymoney

Reaction score
Ridgewalker,
As always, great photos...
I saw them last weekend and I always have to stop and drool. The number of bucks, the alfapha and the NO HUNTING is the proof that even on the left coast we can grow some impressive deer. If only DFG would take a hint and manage the herds better. Other states do just that and they also have deer like these, on PUBLIC land.
What camera and lenses do you use.
Thanks again...

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
easymoney,
I have a Canon Rebel with a 200-400mm Tamron lense..I'm getting ready to upgrade to to The Rebel Digital..It's suppose to extend my 400mm to a 500mm or something like that.

easymoney

Reaction score
Ridgewalker,
I use an older Canon f-1 with a couple of 135-400 lenses. I am always looking for used LONG lenses, but as you know the good ones are not cheap...
I will try and post a couple pics of some big blactails I took last year.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom