• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

25 wssm

Smithb9841

Hey everyone, so I have a buddy who is trying to sell his 25 wssm, he is offering it for a very good price and I'm all for adding to my collection haha. My only concern is I cannot find any non lead ammo for this caliber and with California switching to non lead this presents a bit of a problem. Does anyone know of any manufactures making non lead in this caliber?

Planetcat

It looks like it's only Winchester that makes any factory ammo for that caliber. If federal doesn't load it, you know it's scarce. Maybe sell the rifle on gunbroker to someone out of state?

Smithb9841

If you hand load cases can be made resizing other wsm cases. wssm cases are extreamly rare
I have never reloaded myself and wouldn't know where to begin to be perfectly honest. I'm sure it wouldn't be too
hard to figure out. But how much would it cost for all equipment to start reloading?

adam32

I have never reloaded myself and wouldn't know where to begin to be perfectly honest. I'm sure it wouldn't be too
hard to figure out. But how much would it cost for all equipment to start reloading?
Not "hard" but also not easy and things can go south in a hurry!

Multiple companies will do custom handloads for you with lead free bullets.

But, unless you actually plan on hunting with it then why bother with lead free? Just shoot it with whatever ammo you can find and put it back into your collection.

Or, just hunt with whatever bullets you want to hunt with and say screw the unjustified BS law. After the first few tickets get overturned in Court the law will become null and void anyway.

Smithb9841

Not "hard" but also not easy and things can go south in a hurry!

Multiple companies will do custom handloads for you with lead free bullets.

But, unless you actually plan on hunting with it then why bother with lead free? Just shoot it with whatever ammo you can find and put it back into your collection.

Or, just hunt with whatever bullets you want to hunt with and say screw the unjustified BS law. After the first few tickets get overturned in Court the law will become null and void anyway.
which companies do custom hand loads????

And i would like to hunt with it. Sometimes I hunt some private property that's lower elevation not any long shots and that's what I wanted it for.

And I have to agree this is one of the stupidest laws California has passed in regards to hunting but I really don't have the time to fight a ticket if I did get one. But to be honest I really don't see game wardens even looking at ammo when your out in the field. But if you know of companies doing hand loads please let me know so I can look into it before he sells this gun

adam32

which companies do custom hand loads????

And i would like to hunt with it. Sometimes I hunt some private property that's lower elevation not any long shots and that's what I wanted it for.

And I have to agree this is one of the stupidest laws California has passed in regards to hunting but I really don't have the time to fight a ticket if I did get one. But to be honest I really don't see game wardens even looking at ammo when your out in the field. But if you know of companies doing hand loads please let me know so I can look into it before he sells this gun

Hammer Bullets in Montana will do handloads with their lead-free bullets. The owners name is Steve, he's a good guy.

Top Bottom