25 Year Wedding Anniversary

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Already bought the wife a new 3 diamond ring in the spring. Little did I know that metal prices would shoot up this year.

I'd like to get her a little something extra, since she is so supportive of my hunting, game cams, fishing, etc. .

I'm thinking a stainless barrel (silver anniversay), synthetic stock mountain rifle in 7mm-08 is probably not the ticket.

Any suggestions, considering she already got some bling?

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
My first reaction is more Bling. My sugar-booger is a farmer's daughter, and won't buy jewelery for herself, but loves to have it. YMMV.

After gold/gems, I'd look toward decorative items for mine. She loves music, and wants "Amazing Grace" sheet music in a frame. I've seen some nice prints. We also saw a laser-engraved wooden version that was probably 30 or 35 inches wide, and 25 or 30 inches tall! It was beautiful, but it was also $650! I told her she could have it if she wanted it, but we'd have to "manage" the expense. She said surprise me later.

If not something decorative, perhaps something cultural? Does she like china/silver? Do you guys have an everyday pattern, and a formal pattern? We've been chipping away at that stuff since we've been married, and have some nice china, but not much silver.

On a less permanent note, you could opt for a romantic weekend somewhere or a cruise, flight to the Caribbean, etc.

I kind of like the 7mm-08 option myself. Afterall, SHE hasn't been married any longer than YOU have!

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I like the way you think BelchFire, as far as the rifle goes.

Is tough for us to both get away for vacations, since we keep many animals on our little farm (dogs, chickens, peacocks, guineas, etc.).

We had a school teacher that used to house sit for us, but she took a job in Las Vegas this year. The neighbor kids are almost old enough to do chores for us to get away. Have been getting the dogs used to them.

I'm leaning towards some bling. A silver or white gold bracelet, maybe with a birthstone charm.

Let's be real, they deserve anything and more than they get.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
I better write some of this stuff down.

My wife always likes stuff that "I make". the only problem is I really cant "make" anything worthwhile. About the only thing that i have confidence in is framing/matting some photos that she likes.

S&P

Reaction score
Since the 25th year is the silver year, I suggest that you find her a silver coin from the year you were married. Include with it a note (in your OWN handwriting) that says something like, "My love for you is unending and solid like the silver in this coin". Or, have the coin set into a ring or a necklace if you really want to dazzle her.

Forgot to add, if it were me, I've love to have the new rifle.

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
lan-lord,

You have photos I drool over. i can see why the wife apprciates those. We got a Rebel digital for ourselves at Christmas. Have a zoom stabilized lense. Anything else that might be a good lense to add. Maybe for micro?

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
yeah, a macro/micro is a good, and fun lens to get. Nice thing about a macro/micro lens is that you can make stuff happen right in your backyard or garden. It doesnt require a dramatic landscape, or impressive wildlife to make a good photo, just some common backyard wildlife and plants make great subjects.

upper

Reaction score
If she shoots at all,Inlay all of the things that have been talked about on something that she wants to shoot.Maybe she will let you borrow it someday
Upper

code3punk

Reaction score
BUY HER A NICE NEW TRAILER OR CAMPER SO THE SHE'LL "BE MORE COMFORTABLE" WHEN YA'LL HAVE OUTINGS, OR HIS AND HERS QUADS OR

JUST TELL HER SHES PRETTIER THAN A BLUE TICK HOUND COVERED IN MORNING DEW.....

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Over the years I've gotten my wife many nice expensive gifts for aniversaries, Mother's Day and birthdays. One year it was a new leaf blower (Stihl), riding lawnmower (Dixon), Weed Eater (Stihl), and this year a new chainsaw (Stihl). This stuff isn't cheap and it's good, top-of-the-line quality stuff. I look at it as the gift that keeps giving as she can use these things year-round. Who says romance is dead?

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score

And she has the best gift of all, you.

Have her bring her chainsaw over and help me cut up this wood.

Real humid again here, but have cloud cover and a slight breeze. Plus I've got the 17 HMR handy and taking a few ground squirrels that pop up while I'm working on the saw.

Freedivr2

Reaction score
46" Sony LCD HDTV. It's YOUR anniversary also.......

Top Bottom