$29.80 for 250 rounds of shells

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
There on sale again. For $29.80 you can get 250 of shells @ Wal Mart. That comes out to about $2.98 a box of 25 rounds. Be careful though because on the same shelf they have some that only have 200 rounds instead of 250 rounds. So make sure the case says 250 rounds. I brought it to the attention of the person working at the sporting goods section and he said that its seasonal so thats why they put both cases, the one with 200 rounds and the one with 250 rounds, on the same shelf. They are Remington shells.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I purchased two cases last week at $2.98 a box.  They are the Remington High Velocity Game Loads 2 3/4  1390 FPS.

I've been shooting these for a few years now, and I have no complaints - neither does the checkbook!

(Edited by FullSack at 10:25 am on Aug. 7, 2002)

foulshot

Reaction score
I think I still have some from last year.  I'll still buy some more though, you can never have to much ammo!

Thonzberry

Reaction score
You can't beet the price. Hook picked up a couple of cases for me. I agree, you can never have to much ammo...hehehehe

yotegetter

Reaction score
CRAP!! I just bought a case of the federal stuff that was on sale at Turners! Maybe I should return it. Can we return ammo to turners?

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Yotegetter,

I don't think you can return ammo anywhere.  I think it's a liability issue.  I've also got two cases of Federals a friend gave me before he moved out of state but I'm just going to hang onto them.  I'm just going to tell wifey that they don't cycle in my gun properly. :)  Besides, as the other guys said, you can't have too many shells.

Regards,
Paul

Mojave

Reaction score
Did anyone notice if their 20's are on sale also, or is it just the 12's?

shaginator

Reaction score
There are 20's on sale up here in at least one Wal-mart in Northern California. I'd imagine it would be the same down in So Cal.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Qbn,

I owe you big time!  Went to WallyWorld last night and was waiting to pay for some shells, there was a man there trying to buy a hunting license and a deer tag.  He hadn't hunted in 15+ years.  He decided to give it a try again because he's been seeing a lot of deer on his property.  He didn't know what tag to get, what the season was, nothin'.  The kid behind the counter was no help at all and didn't have the regs.  I told him I had a copy out in the truck so I ran out and got it.  We got to talking and we exchanged phone numbers, he invited me up to his place to archery hunt (the D-11 area) which is perfect because I've got an A-31 tag.  

Thanks again.

Regards,
Paul

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
Hogskin,

No problem I am glad to help. So when does (A-31) open so I can makes plans and go with you. Cause your inviting me right? :smile-wink:

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
So solly, no speaka Engrish.  :smile-big-blue:

Regards,
Paul

Mojave

Reaction score
I took a drive into town (Lancaster, Ca ~35 miles) with my son to try to take advantage of the sale Thursday night. The clerk in the sporting goods dept told me the sale had ended on Wednesday ("bummer!"). We took a look around anyway, and couldn't find a case of more than 100 shells. What we did find was the Remington Hi Velocity shells marked "Price Rollback", and priced at $2.98 for individual boxes of 25. Looks like they broke up the unsold cases, but kept the price the same!

stickman

Reaction score
All the wallmart done here had were the federals for 2.98 a box. They said the remingtons disappeared in 2 days of going on sale. You snooze you lose.

bloodsports

Reaction score
Went and bought the last 3 case at the Cerritos store.  Someone may want to check the Lakewood store...

Marty

Reaction score
I stopped at the Lakewood store, on Carson @ Paramount, last Thursday and they did not have any.  Don't know if they'd get any in stock.  I did not ask.

Maverick

Reaction score
I picked up a t case at wl-amrt in redalnds.. They had about 100 cases left..

Top Bottom