2nd roll back

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
ok  the my first roll of film i got back had only day pix on, the second now only has a few night pix. the rest look as if they where taken during day light hours and one after another. if the batteries on the camera were low or going low would i get a bunch of "nothing" pix? also what is the refresh rate on the sure shot owl date and between the flash and the view finder what is the little "eye" for? how long do the batteries last in the camera, and what brand is best to use(currently i am using engerizer or duracell, in the order)?

cc

gizz

Reaction score
cc - What sensor are you using? Is it modified for Low Power(if MS20)?
What camera are you using?
Are you using a timer board? If so What/from Who?
What are you powering your PIR with(batteries?)

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
the sensor is the ms20.
the camera is the canon sure shot owl owl.
no board timer.
and the PIR is powered by the radioshack rechargable 9.6v Ni-Cd battery pack.

cc

max

Reaction score
Could be any number of things? Temperatures in your area? What direction are you facing your cameras?Low battery power?

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i don't think it was temp. it was around the mid 80's and low to mid 50's at night. the cam was facing south.

cc

thehairlessone

Reaction score
did you clear out all the brush and stuff in front of it? I was having a problem  with that for a while. I think the wind was blowing everything around. I had about 5 rolls with almost nothing on them.

rick

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Look in the pics and see if you can tell if there are limbs in different positions. If you can then it might be the wind. Also check your battery power. Pine trees and cedar trees will also trigger your PIR.LOL

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi CC,

It could be a weak battery alright, a weak battery can start toggling the PIR and rip off a whole roll of film in just a few minutes

Also, I'd not face the cam SOUTH if at all possible,  the Sun swings around towards the south in the middle of the day.....it's best to face it NORTH

and windy days can play havac with the PIR and cause a bunch of false alarms.  you can usually see this by noticing branches or leaves being in different positions in the pix's as they get moved around....

Tinhorn

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
you know i did trim the branches back directly hanging in front of the cam but now looking at the pix again the bush IN FRONT of the flash may have contributed to the false pix i got. i'm think low batteries as well.

does any one know the refresh rate on the owl? it has no timer board. and the sensor is the ms20?

cc

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Coyot, I don't think the cam refreshes itself, unless you are talking about when it's tripped. Then the time lag is based on the length of time it's been sitting. Numerous posts on that subject, suggest you run a search.

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i can at least say the batteries were dead. i just changed them and i'm getting the flash again! back in bidness...now i just got to get a roll of film!

cc

Top Bottom