3/4 day boats?? recommenations??

uhunter

Reaction score
went out on a 1/2 day boat out of oceanside and we caught nothing, not just me and my son but many others 2 fish were caught not including about 5 mackeral, i dont know if this is normal, just started fishing on the boats. My question is, is it worth going down to San Deigo and going out of one of the boats down there, is oceanside and Helgrems fishing usually that bad or was it just a bad day? I bring my 9 yr old son so catching fish is somewhat important to keep his intrest in the sport. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Thanks...    

mtngoat

Reaction score
The local socal ocean fishing starts to get in the late spring when the warm southern currents warm the water. I had good ocean fishing in the surf lately. Corbina where in the jetty near seal beach.

rusman66

Reaction score
Check the fish counts in the newspaper or online
at places like http://www.sport-fish-info.com/counts/
timeing very important in ocean fishing.
wait until you see good numbers of fish on the boats
on fish like sand bass and barracuda, a good start for young ones.

Fubar

Reaction score
Fishing is not always good on the boats. Most of the boats have good crews and captains. The more you go you will find which boats you like the best. As far as the success for fish is concerned, the fish have to be in the feeding mood for good numbers to be caught. The Captain can put you on a spot but they cant make the fish bite. They want you to catch fish as much as you want to catch them. Thats how they make your living. Some people like to go just for the experience. There are usually some fish caught. If you want to catch a lot of fish you need to go when they are really bititng, usually when they are spawning. In May and June the Sand Bass usually spawn and feed hungrily. This is a good time to take the kids. They are easy to catch and are good eating. Just about everyone gets them. Just keep an eye on the fish counts in the paper or go to sites that post them like http://www.Biteson.com.       Good Luck     Fubar

Top Bottom