3 Pigs Down 10/7/19

THE ROMAN ARCHER

U guys did great 4 sure! Super congrats those aren’t dinkers either.....lol
Pork Carnitas for days! Great pics! Thnx 4 sharing! Hope u dont mind the funnies, welcome to jho....tra

1570478556-picsay.jpg

1570478802-picsay.jpg

1570479169-picsay.jpg

P304X4

Way to go....wiping out the three (not so) little pigs before they made it back to the brick house...congrats!!

TheGDog

Did you all have to shoot at the same time in order to accomplish this? Or was this at different times of the day for each of you?

PakNpakOut

Did you all have to shoot at the same time in order to accomplish this? Or was this at different times of the day for each of you?
We got one pig evening of the first day bedded down and then the other two the following morning. One was bedded down and the other walking around.

PakNpakOut

Congrats paknpakout, that's a lot of pork. Tell us the story about them please.
Yeah spectr17, a lot of pork for sure! Pigs weighed 236lbs, 218lbs, and 120lbs. We spotted a big dead oak that had fallen over with a ton of movement underneath. Based on their position, we played the wind but couldn’t see them until we were within 15 yards. So my buddy who was bow hunting crept up and spooked them all. He missed his shot and got them to run down hill. My other buddy and I were posted up on the adjacent hill 250+ yards away. We took 7 shots between the two of us and missed them all. All 12+ pigs were in full sprint. We gathered ourselves, took lunch, and went back at it for the evening (None of is had ever shot at fast moving targets). Evening rolled around and we spotted a big black pig bedded down under an oak at 170 yards up hill. I put a 165gr 308 in his shoulder from prone position. I got a double lung shot and hit his artery. He rolled over and down the hill, didn’t run at all. We dragged his 236lbs ass down the hill, through the ravine, and up onto the road. We looked for more that evening for the 2 other members of the group but no luck. Following morning, we spotted a big pig (218lbs) bedded near a dead tree. Buddy took a shot prone, downhill, with a 7mm at 210 yards and missed. Pig went running and he drilled him at 450 yards. After the first missed shot, other pigs in a bed nearby got spooked and ran, right towards my other buddy who drilled one at 150 yards standing. We all went to the area where the 450 yard shot was taken and looked for blood. We found blood and followed the trail. We found the pig still alive trying to get under a fence and put another 1 in him to close the deal. Both pigs were dragged back to the road, loaded, and hauled to our camp spot for skinning and quartering. Great first experience!! 2M hunting did a great job in Paso Robles, CA.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Nice that’s what we need is a great wild pig bloodbath story with a lot of misses and hits with a great ending for everyone. Thnx for sharing!...tra

Top Bottom