.30-30 COPPER AMMO HELP

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Ok, I just found out my brother-in-law wants to go deer hunting with us this year in D7 and he has a Winchester 30.30. No problem...right? Wrong. He has no copper ammo (not required in his area). I've been searching websites until my eyes hurt, but no one seems to have ANY copper 30.30 in stock. Anyone know of a company, online or store, that has any? I'm down near San Diego and all of the places I checked didn't have any...they hardly had any copper of any size. He is not having any luck in central CA either.
HELP!!
Any info will be appreciated.

slanttop357

Reaction score
I will make some calls in my neck of the woods, i will let you know.

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Bowhunter...Thank you very much. I have successfully placed an order that should be here in time for our hunt. Thanks again.

slanttop...Thanks for your interest. As you can see, I was able to find what we need. Thanks for the offer.

ltdann

Reaction score
You should tell your story to the Governor via e-mail. Tell him the trouble you had and how much you paid for 30-30 lead free vs traditonal. These real life and current stories are important for him to see while he decides to sign the lead ban or not.Oh, and make sure you sight in before hunting, the lead free shoots differently.

myfriendis410

Reaction score
I was going to say you could (if military) plan your trip via VAFB and get some as I have it in some quantity. I have the Buffalo Bore as well. Very expensive, 150 gr. TSX but it's currently the only game in town. I spoke to one of my distributors about getting the Monoflex (Hornady) and the scuttlebut is the ammunition manufacturers are concentrating on the popular, hard-to-get stuff like 5.56 and 7.62 X 51.

It's gonna be slim pickin's for a while.

Top Bottom