35MM Camera

Bodie

Reaction score
My fiance wants a 35mm camera for Christmas.  I spent a long time looking and I think I have decided to get the Nikon Lite Touch 120.  Does anyone know anything about this camera....positives or negatives????  

Or does anyone know of something better to get?  I am looking for a point and shoot with a nice zoom in the $200 range.

Also, where is a good place to purchase cameras?  Is there a website which sells cameras for cheaper then the camera shops or the electronics stores?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Bodie,
No recomendations other than to ask the same question on a relevant newsgroup - one of the photo oriented ones - rec.photo.**
http://www.google.com offers web-based newsgroup access.

Archilochus

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
Bodie, I guess I have to ask what she will be using it for first.  There are a few different types out there that come in a "kit" form (normally the lens it comes with is just average and not top of the line, but it works).

Some that come to mind as well as that one is the Canon Rebel 2000 and the Nikon N65.  If you want to save a little bit, order from out of state.  Be careful who you order from as many of the New York City stores are very crooked.  BHphoto.com is an exception or Canoga Camera here in the San Fernando Valley is very good too.

Let me know what she wants to use it for and I might be able to give you a bit more insight.

See ya,

Eric A. Mayer

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I would recommmend the Canon EOS Rebel.  Wife, sister in law and mother all just pick it up with in the last couple months.  Takes great pictures, easy to use and a lot of versatility.  Local camera shop has classes on using that camera alone because there is so many users of it.  It comes highly recommended from the shops I talked to also.  I was going to get it for her for xmas but she went out it bought it before.  

Todd

Bodie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.  I will look at some of the web sites you guys provided.

Also, someone asked what she would be using the camera for.  Just everyday use...nothing spectacular.  A camera to take on trips to capture the memories.

Top Bottom