360L in a SE 120 Case?

Muddy Z

Reaction score
In my investigation I have not found a case that suits me.

I want to use the case longwise because the majority of trees I plan to mount my cam on will not be that wide. I have reviewed several folks albums and it seems the majority of you either use a larger box (slave flash) or use your box sideways (pocomoke is one).

Can you not fit a 360 L in the width of a SE 120? Both dimensions show 5 inches but I must be missing something.

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Well I stopped by a scuba dive shop last night and picked up a Pelican 1120 with foam for $20. Yea I can get them cheaper on the net but by the time you shipping and wait a few days this was worth the $2 I could have saved.

Inside dimensions are just under 5 inches in width so the 360 will not fit sideways. But it appears that it is close enough that it may be worth trying to grind out the inside of the case to fit the cam. I think we are talking about 1/16 or so on each side to make it fit. This would also give the cam that snug fit.

Has anyone else worked with the 1120 in this manner?

~~~~~~~~~

Another thought I had was to work with a Pelican 1060 case and mount it horizontally. Not the exact way I wanted to work it but it would do. The question now is can you fit the 360 and the universal pix board with the cam on top of the board? It looks vey tight, even with the rubber liner taken out of the case. I think the 1120 idea will be a safer go round.

bat

Reaction score
Muddy z, I don't know about the 1060 but the SE120 it should fit nicely in that one. It is just a little wider then the Pelican 1120 so you will not have to do any grinding on it. I've used it on a D-380 setup and it worked ok. Makes a nice case for using just the digital and the pix.
bat

VABEARHUNTER

Reaction score
muddyz im putting together my first and im using a pelican 1150 case with a 360l
i could post some pics this eavening of my progress so far

BVChamp

Reaction score
I believe it will depend on how you are wiring the 360L. I have used the SE120 and Pix RS 232 board with the serial connector. Where the board connects to the camera is on the side, thus you cannot put the camera in the 5 inch direction using this connection method.

If there is another way to wire it, it will fit nicely (a bit snug) in the SE120.

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Good point Champ. I hadn't thought about that yet.

hunter I am talking about taking your setup and rotating the cam 90 degrees. I want the longer dimension of my case to run up and down the tree instead of across it.

The cam is 5 inches across, with the connector it will take a bit more and won't fit in any of the cases I am looking at. I guess I will have to go with the SE 120 and mount in horizontally.

Thanks again guys!

thehunter

Reaction score
Muddy Z,

Because of the way I installed my camera's internal plug I had to mount the cam and case horizontally. In the SE 120 there is not much difference in the case size to mattered in my setup (8-11/16"x 7-7/16") at least on the trees that I mount it on. It also works great with the handle for carrying. Everything is stacked on top of each other.

Do not forget to cut a notch in the case by the camera shutter push button.

I will be posting a picture of a universal protective cage for this case and others that I have in fabrication now. Mostly to keep someone from stealing it off of the tree.

Top Bottom