370 mods info......

Zeke

Reaction score
I'm wanting to use the 370 digi cam for my next homebrew and was wondering where the wiring info was. Looked under the helpful links but didnt see it. Is it posted somewhere???

Zeke

Reaction score
Opppsss!!!!! I see it now. Guess I wasnt looking hard enough. Sorry.

Sorry again!!  I looked at the digital cam info thread and the 370 mods werent covered.  Help!!!!!!

(Edited by Zeke at 7:40 pm on July 23, 2002)

Zeke

Reaction score
I checked out the pic but I couldnt make out exactly where the connections are made.

Hey DB...recon I could get some details from ya??

What would be the best setup to go with...ie.  sensor etc.  Would I need to get a "board" or could I make it like a regular basic cam (Owl PF) and not have to use any boards or other stuff??

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Zeke,

If you take the cover off, the three wires near the shutter button are:

Brown - Refresh
Yellow - Shutter
Grey- Common

You will need a setup using a refresh, most people are using the 2 1/2 hr refresh chips. Brian, JoeD and I think Hamiltoe all offer something that will work. If you only want one board, Brian makes one that will do it. Otherwise, I would recommend using the RS -PIR or the MS-20 PIR with the low-power mods.

Hope this helps,

CB

(Edited by coyotebandit at 10:18 am on July 24, 2002)

Dbworld

Reaction score
Zeke,

Sound like everybody anwered your questions already.  The trick is to use lots of solder.....(kidding).  It's VERY easy to modify.  You get it apart and you will know what to do.  I'm not smoking (again) and have two that are ready for the iron....that's how I ruined the last one.

Think you could do it for me davered1?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
You need any help, I'll be glad to too. I'm STILL smoking, so my hands are still bacisally steady.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Ha!!  Thanks for the offer...actually my hands are (finally) starting to steady back up.  I've fallen off the wagon a couple times...but still mostly not smoking.    I need to just tackle these cameras and get it over with.  

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Dbworld,

The last one I did, I just soldered a small 3 pin connector from a CD-rom drive right to the solder point on the camera board. Then I just cut a small hole in the cover for the connector to stick out through. It was the fastest, and nicest looking camera mod I've done to date! Sorry, I don't have a picture, it's in the woods right now.

CB

Dbworld

Reaction score
I actually wire in a phone jack receptacle.  Then  the same on the sensor.  Then i just connect using a short standard phone cord between the two.   It works well.

runnin3i

Reaction score
Ok I posted a question long before I realized you guys were already answering most of them here in the forum . Only thing is where do I get the Board added to the RS PIR, this seems so much easier to use. Again I am a rook at all this and wanna get the details down before I go for it.

davered1

Reaction score
runnin3i,

If I were you I would build a base 35mm first, won't huet near as bad if you fry a $15 owl as opposed to a $100 370.

Boards and times can be tricky as well if you have never built one.Try a 35mm then tackle a digital!!

runnin3i

Reaction score
I already have a RS PIR and I,m looking at some cameras now. I already have the PIR  apart and ready to go just waiting on the camera now. But I also have my eye on a D-370 that is less than an owl so it is worth the risk I,m gonna make one and see how it goes and go from there. Haven't decided yet which one though.

Top Bottom