Greystoke

Reaction score
I've been watching this 380 at office max for three weeks. They finally decided they didn't want it anymore. Got it for $74.50. Should I turn it into a IR or a fast trail cam? I kinda am leaning towards the IR. I've got 2 p32's out, 1 p41 almost ready and 1 in hiding. Once you convert the 380 to IR it probably has to stay that way, right?

D Letho

Reaction score
No you can change it back . Just reverse the step and put the IR filter back in and refocus it .

Outhouse

Reaction score
What's the advantage of the IR over the flash... beside the 'no flash'?

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
IR Flash is Invisible to game whereas a white flash is visible ... less Intrusive to game...

DropTheHammer

Reaction score
.... Also less detectable by humans. I hunt a farm that is not far off a well traveled road. Its nice to be able to set up on travel routes next to the road and not have to worry about the flash going off and alerting everyone (and the game) as to where my cam is.

I've also set up on some game land edges and have a several pics of some unsuspecting small game hunters that surely would've seen my cams had they visible flashes. For me the IR cam is more advantageous in the security realm than disturbing game, the latter is more of a fringe benefit to me....

harleydavidone

Reaction score
Main Entry: in·fra·red
Pronunciation: "in-fr&-'red, -(")frä-, -f&-
Function: adjective
1 : situated outside the visible spectrum at its red end -- used of radiation having a wavelength between about 700 nanometers and 1 millimeter
2 : relating to, producing, or employing infrared radiation <infrared therapy>
3 : sensitive to infrared radiation <infrared photographic film>
- infrared noun

Latest Posts

Top Bottom