3rd rolls a charm

grtwythunter

Reaction score
After finally getting my first camera out and getting 2 rolls of false triggers I pulled my camera and went with Richard Webb's thermostat idea. I wired it today and it seems to be working OK. The daytime temps have been running around 108 so I will be setting it at 80-85 degrees. It will be going back out tomorrow morning. Richard- if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.      Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Amended: Jesse lives over the hill from you, so he will know how to work the Mojave Desert. The forecast low for Lancaster is from the 60s to mid 70s, so I would shoot for 70 degrees & hope the 25 mph wind dies down from the low until morning. Love that place, and camp at Red Rock Canyon State Park north of Mojave. (during the winter only!)

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Richard- I think I am going tp try a little higher setting. Have been watching the temps and sometimes we don't hit our lows until well after midnight. I would like it to turn on a little closer to dusk. As for Redrock I hate to admit it but I have lived here for 31 years and only driven through it on the 14. It does look like a nice place. Winter only for sure!!!!    Scott

Advertisement

Top Bottom