3wire connection to PF confusion ????

cgchris99

Reaction score
OK, I am looking at the pics on Jesses page on how to wire up the PF using the 3 wire and the stereo jack.

I want to be able to use the camera in case I shoot a nice one and don't have a camera with me.  ;*)

Anyway, the two pictures show the soldering to different spots on the circuit board.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
cgchris99

No matter how you wire the PF, it works as a normal camera unless you permanently remove the Push Button or don't use a quick disconnect on the Owl PF wire and can't get it out of the enclosure.

Even if you use the 5 & 6 terminals shorted together method (2 wires) instead of the 3 wire method, all you loose is the Half Press function, the camera still works fine

Tinhorn

cgchris99

Reaction score
So what does this half press function do?

And is it needed?

Thanks

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi cg,
The 1/2 press is not REQUIRED for normal use, but it does allow for better picture composition.  With it you can make the cam focus/expose for a certain location, press and hold the shutter halfway, and then change the composition of the picture - move the camera so it's pointing somewhere other than the original spot that the focus/exposure was set to.
If you're just shooting an occasional quick pic, don't worry about it.  If you want the best possible pics that the cam can produce, use the three wire method.

Archilochus

cgchris99

Reaction score
Thanks.

So which example picture of the 3 wire conection is the right one?

There are two on the Jesses page.

Thanks again

big tom

Reaction score
I doesn't matter which pic, both give the same results, all you are doing is wiring in a short circuit, it doesn't matter where the short actually is placed, whether on the contacts or the circuit board.

Top Bottom