.41 cal mold

myfriendis410

Wow; I would think that would be the most available mold in that caliber. I haven't looked but always my first choice is Midway. I definitely like the cast iron molds over aluminum any day of the week. Mine is an RCBS but it's like 30 years old now. Man! I'm gettin' old.......

FTTPOW

I looked at Midway and Natchez Shooting, but found nothing. I'll double check again to see if I overlooked something. Thanks.

FTTPOW

Thanks for the heads-up, Incher. The mold is in the mail.Now I need to get all the ingredients and what nots to actually start making my own.

FTTPOW

I use Win 296 for both 44 Mag and 41 Mag. I only use 3 powders for all my centerfire reloading, IMR 4064, IMR 4350 and Win 296. It saves on having different powders for each caliber and makes it easier to inventory. I've worked up accurate loads for each gun and it simplifies powder replentishments.

myfriendis410

You might want to try some Unique with a cast bullet. The flame front is a lot cooler and you will get less heel erosion with the faster powder.

I also went through a serious load workup a couple of years ago and ultimately developed my own lube recipe. You might consider it. Here's mine:

1/2 cake of surf wax (Big 5, $2.99), almost pure carnauba wax
1/4 lb. paraffin (does nothing but act as a stiffener)
1 toilet ring (Home Depot, $3.00), contains beeswax and vaseline
1 teaspoon STP oil treatment

This is melted in a double boiler (I bought a cheap 4 cup pyrex measuring cup) and then poured it into PVC pipe of proper i.d. while sitting on waxed paper. Once cooled they are pushed out and wrapped up to be used in the luber/sizer. A bit of heat is necessary to drive the lube in my Star. This gives me a considerable increase in accuracy over Red Rooster or T/C Blue. Cheap too. You could reduce the amount of paraffin to lower the stiffness but would have to experiment.

Top Bottom