422 Owens Valley Archery - here I come!

d'hunter

Reaction score
Ok - I know it's the Tuesday AFTER the results were up, but I got my letter from F & G confirming that I drew, and I'm still pinching myself! Oh yeah, I DIDN'T have max points either - I'm SO stoked about this and am planning on giving it my best shot!

I've placed a call in to the biologist up there, but haven't heard anything back yet. Any advice would greatly be appreciated from any of you who have drawn this tag before.

Thanks!:gettin mail:

SDHNTR

Reaction score
i hate you.

Tag of a lifetime there man. Congrats.

elmacho

Reaction score
What dates?

I drew the Sept 12 Tinemaha Bull tag- Archery.

Congrats and good luck

Mark

YORT40

Reaction score
I can tell ya this, don't worry if your pre-season scouting does not produce much. You will be hunting right in the rut & the land owners can help a lot.

betelgeuse

Reaction score
Congrats d'hunter. I know how you feel. I am flippin out... I drew a 411 NE Cal archery tag. I am spinnin thinking of all the things that have to be done between now and Sept.

Also congrats to elmacho.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you have a good tag in your hands. Here is a bull at the CBH banquet that was shot on your hunt. It's the current #2 in the world!!! If you look closely in the bottom pic, all three of those bulls were taken on your hunt. Are you a CBH member? By the way all three of you guys have primo tags. Good luck. Ed F

Last edited:

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Good luck guys, I hate you!

I mean that in the most sincere and green-with-envy way possible.

Next Year BOWUNTR is my spotter in the Owens Valley!

d'hunter

Reaction score
I think I gotta go change my shorts, 'cuz I just pooped! I know it's a good tag, but wow! Thanks for the inspiration Ed. As a matter of fact, I just renewed my CBH membership @ the State Broadhead Tournament.

Congrats to elmacho & betelgeuse - good luck to you both. Macho, my hunt is August 8th thru the 16th. I will have to be ready for some HOT weather...

elmacho

Reaction score
owens valley hunt

Dhunter-

where are you from? I'm in Fullerton.........

I plan on being up scouting about the time of your hunt.....maybe we could meet up, share notes,

I'm still sitting here like a pile of goo, quivering at the fact I drew this tag........

Best of luck.

Mark

d'hunter

Reaction score
Macho,

I'm in Whittier. That sounds like a good idea. I'm planning on heading up next weekend to have a look around.

I know what you mean about the tag - I'm still pinching myself. There's A LOT to do in a relatively short time...

Good luck,
Tom

lxtrail

Reaction score
best of luck to you guys, Macho you got my tag, but ill let it go this time as long as it doesnt happen again. all kidding aside two more months till its go time and we get to live through you so keep us posted

Latest Posts

Top Bottom