4th weekend shoots

O

outdoorsman

Hey, my dad went this morning to club. 1 spoon and 1 teal.  Said very few hunters = very few shots.  I went to wet a line w/ my daughter.  We ended up with 1 sturgeon and 2 stripers. Had a great time.  Ducks need to move or I'm going to rip lips next week too !

Spec

Reaction score
Saturday 2 teal and 1 Aluetian goose mounting it now taking a short break for a cup of coffie should have it done today!!Slow in rice country with full moon and no weather next weekend Phesant season ? what to do what to do???

dhodsdon

Reaction score
Went to the local river with a buddy of mine and we managed five woodies not too bad of a shoot considering we didn't work too hard. There are a lot of woodies around this year. How about you guys?

Bodie

Reaction score
Got invited by PONSCM to go to Delevan on his number 15 ressie.  We got blind number 7.  Between the three of us there we got four birds (2 widgeon, 1 ringbill, 1 spoonie).  There were hardly any birds flying.  Also, the people shooting out of the blind right next to us were doing some major skyscraping, which didn't help out.  

(Edited by Bodie at 12:21 pm on Nov. 5, 2001)

tuledoghollywood

Reaction score
i had honey dues but my brother and my buddy went got 11 on sat and 5 today i always miss the good ones

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
Hunted with a disabled friend at Graylodge Hcp blind 4 on sunday.. 3 guys 6 ducks( 2 spoons, 2 ringnecks and 2 widgeon). Time to concentrate on chickens and gobblers for a few weeks.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Sunday there was a federal warden at Sutter check station.   I met him at Tulelake this year, a very nice guy.  Word is there have been so many complaints about a group of 20-something kids that are hunting unit 12.2-4 that the wardens are going to be watching them for a while.   Don't know if they nailed them, but somebody in that area shot 10 minutes early, so lets hope.  The complaints are mostly crowding and skybusting, hopefully they'll get the boot for the year.  Get rid of the problem folks and hunting will improve.  Most of the few birds that are around are in those ponds.  Unfortunately due to all the "problems" it hasn't been worth the hassles.  Either way it's nice to know the "problem folks" are being watched.  With shooting picking up a bit this week, it would be nice to have a few less clowns to deal with.  Specks are everywhere - except the shoot areas.

tommyo

Reaction score
Our goose shooting - in numumeric terms was 3 Ross / 1 speck / for two days. Not a discernible flight of geese.  Great time though - and back at it next weekend!!

312B1

Reaction score
This Sat/Sun we ended up with 4 Ross(1 banded) and 3 Snows, the 2 guys I hunted with both got their Pintail but I netted a big "goose egg" on the ducks. We passed on 50-60 yeard geese all day in an attempt to decoy the birds but the hunters around us insisted on unloading on every goose within sight with their duck loads. Same old Wister story but I'll be back on Saturday especially since the duck hunters should be scarce due to the fact that Wister only had 20 ducks shot all day on Sunday.

JustBob

Reaction score
Noticed that for Wister Sunday. 21 ducks 15 Geese.
What area did you get the Geese in?

312B1

Reaction score
JustBob, we got three from Hazard 4 on Sat and four from Hazard 6 on Sun. All were in the dekes except for one, it was from a group that had just been blasted at by H5, my buddies didn't even attempt to shoot at the birds because they were 70 yards high and rolled over laughing when I nailed a Ross with the 1st shot. I truly believe we would have gotten limits are near-limits both days if we had gotten blind 3 or 5(taken early in the draw)both days because H5 ruined it for us both days. All the geese were coming from the west and H5 wouldn't let hardly anything through without blasting away at it. I think H5 got 3 on Sat and 1 on Sun but with the amount of shooting they did they should have gotten a lot more.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom