50 percent of LA workforce are immigrants

easymoney

Reaction score
"LOS ANGELES, April 21 (UPI) -- Los Angeles is at the leading edge of a U.S. demographic trend, with half of its workforce immigrants, many of them unskilled and speaking little English."

"The question is: Are we going to be a 21st century city with shared prosperity, or a Third World city with an elite group on top and the majority at poverty or near poverty wages?" he asked. "Right now we're headed toward becoming a Third World city. But we can change that."

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008...mmigrants/3251/

And is it any wonder that the state is going to hell in a taco shell...

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
with an increase of immigrant worker and an increase of people on welfare, what is going to happen to our country?

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Hell, I already work in Mexico. Actually it's Vista, CA, but you can't tell the difference.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
If companies would stop hiring them. Then what.
Would they go back to Mexico?
Vista CA doesn't look anything like TJ.
My neighbors piss and moan about the Mexicans.
But guess who's jack hammering their driveway.
Landscaping their yards.
And doing all the crap tasks that their teenage kids are too lazy to do.

easymoney

Reaction score
I don't buy it. If they were not here at all, the job market would adjust itself accordingly, people would have to adapt. Yes they would leave if they were not allowed to be hired, if they were refused any social programs, if they knew they would be arrested just by being here at all in the first place. If our LEO were allowed to enforce our border laws then there would be no problem at all...
Yes, all of us have become accustomed to cheap labor but I too know if our own kids were taught any personal responsibilty and any kind of work ethic instead of the entitlement mentality that liberals love to promote we would have young men and women willing to work and wages that would be adjusted accordingly. There are no crap jobs just crappy spoiled kids who don't want to work because mom and dad buy them everything. And they are told on TV and the internet that the top tier corporate jobs, investment brokers, lawyers, etc are the only worthy ones. BS...

This has been posted before but fits this theme quite nicely:
Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! To anyone with kids of any age,
here's some advice. Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.
Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!
Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity
Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
If you can read this - Thank a teacher! If you are reading it in English - Thank a soldier!!

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmoniz @ Apr 23 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If companies would stop hiring them. Then what.
Would they go back to Mexico?
Vista CA doesn't look anything like TJ.
My neighbors piss and moan about the Mexicans.
But guess who's jack hammering their driveway.
Landscaping their yards.
And doing all the crap tasks that their teenage kids are too lazy to do.[/b]

I agree about the hiring. No jobs, no reason to be here.

Vista may not "look" like TJ, but there are just as many hispanics here. Every day, and I mean EVERY day, on the way to work, I pass dozens of them hanging around drop-off/pick-up spots. Eight out of ten cars are driven by, or filled with, hispanics. Before anyone goes there, I am not racist. It is not my doing that the vast majority of illegals are hispanic.

I have had several, shall we say disagreements, with in-laws, and a neighbor, that think hiring illegals on the cheap is absolutely the way to go. Pisses me off no end.

You want teenagers to actually "work"? That was "my" generation, not this one. And yes it's a generalization, but too many kids today have no idea what it means to actually perform manual labor of any kind.

JMO

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom